Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Oedema

My friend has been told she has got oedema Can anyone tell me what causes this and what can be doe about it ? I cant find much about it on the net
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Re: Oedema

Isn't oedema swelling due to build up of fluid ?
Usually a symptom of something else ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:11 AM

I agree with Muddy.
I remember my poor old Mum's legs beginning to swell with fluid because her heart was not functioning properly.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:41 AM

Edema

https://www.naturalremedies.org/edema/
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Edema

https://www.naturalremedies.org/edema/

I presume that since neither the author of the article or you can spell Oedema correctly it emanates from the U.S.
Granny J
Hampshire
Granny J is female 

30-12-2017, 09:10 PM

I have a kind of oedema, but different, as it's Hereditary Angiodema, which is a very rare condition.
I think I must have got it from my father, and have passed it on to all my children and two of them has passed it on to one of theirs. So far the great grandchildren don't seem to have it, so hopefully it will end there as it can only be passed from parent to child.
I take a steroid which keeps me fine, but there are much newer injections that my children and grand children have which stops a swelling when it starts, and you can swell anywhere on the body, inside and out. It's an enzyme deficiency.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top