Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:51 AM

Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

A combination of Diesel legislation and brexit fears mean that they plan to reduce production in Q2 of 2018.

"“Ongoing uncertainty surrounding Brexit is being felt by customers at home and in Europe,” the company said, according to Reuters."

So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this.

http://www.cityam.com/279261/jaguar-...ng-months-amid
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:49 AM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A combination of Diesel legislation and brexit fears mean that they plan to reduce production in Q2 of 2018.

"“Ongoing uncertainty surrounding Brexit is being felt by customers at home and in Europe,” the company said, according to Reuters."

So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this.

http://www.cityam.com/279261/jaguar-...ng-months-amid
Gosh......are we still blaming Brexit for everything?

The business of Gov't and protection of our health and the environment should continue regardless of Brexit.

Using Brexit is an easy get out for business wanting to disseminate negative news.

Most manufacturers are increasing production so my guess is they simply aren't competing on quality in their part of the marketplace.

That's business for you, Annie. Something you seem to have limited experience of.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:00 AM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Every decision will be blamed on brexit, when a local factory closed they said brexit, forgetting they had run out of their own money and we're living on loans for the past ten years. Any excuse rather than bad management.

And on other news they are reducing number of biscuits in a pack due to brexit .... Not
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Every decision will be blamed on brexit, when a local factory closed they said brexit, forgetting they had run out of their own money and we're living on loans for the past ten years. Any excuse rather than bad management.

And on other news they are reducing number of biscuits in a pack due to brexit .... Not
That's Crackers
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:21 AM

My question was : "So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Hi

The issue with diesel cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42571828

Now , other countries have sued Volkswagen for £Billions, the UK chose not to.

Other Countries are supporting their manufacturers of diesel cars to ensure they meet the new standards.

The UK is not doing that, instead we have put a tax on new diesels.

Anyone seeing a pattern emerging here?

If we are to make a success of Brexit and rebalance our economy, we need to support Industry, not kick it in the teeth.

JLR is Indian owned, not British, they will move if they see fit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

JLR is Indian owned, not British, they will move if they see fit.
I was about to ask, Why does anybody care? aren't they just another foreign owned car company?

If conditions are right for them they will come back but if they don't you can always buy a better Japanese, Thai or Korean car.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My question was : "So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this."
This is just my opinion I have no proof but I've worried since we voted that with so many remainers in Parliament they to prove they were right will make it happen by putting things in place to make us fail.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Most manufacturers are increasing production so my guess is they simply aren't competing on quality in their part of the marketplace.
Are they really, or did you just make that up?
This was just before Christmas, have things changed since then? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...mestic-demand/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is just my opinion I have no proof but I've worried since we voted that with so many remainers in Parliament they to prove they were right will make it happen by putting things in place to make us fail.
Hi

The new diesel standards have nothing to do with Brexit Julie.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top