Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Re: Scousers Are The Best People In The World!

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was brought up on the back streets of Leeds and I don't profess to be posh or anything but my mother used to correct my speech all the time as a child. You can have standards whatever walk of life you come from.

You do seem to brag a lot about your parents and their connections Tara? We all have different backgrounds here but our parents achievements are theirs not ours who you are born to is just an accident of birth.

I think Scousers are individual and yet have a joint identity if you know what I mean they know who they are and they belong, once a Scouser always a Scouser, you have to admire that.
WOW!
Summer.
Thank you for your very kind words there, and I think those words sum up Scousers in general very nicely.
It is a pity though that some here appear to be using this thread to slag off and demean and insult Scousers.
Almost to the point of being racist.

I have not and would not slag off Scotch, Irish, Birmingham. Wolverhampton, Londoners, Pakistanis, Indians etc etc etc for their ways or accent.

In the main us scousers are are very friendly outgoing people with a rather particular accent which I find most people rather like.
We would far sooner help people than not, and I think the Words to Ferry Cross The Mersey sums us Scousers up pretty darn good:

"Ferry Cross The Mersey"

Life goes on day after day
Hearts torn in every way

So ferry, cross the Mersey
'Cause this land's the place I love
And here I'll stay

People they rush everywhere
Each with their own secret care

And always take me there
The place I love

People around every corner
They seem to smile and say
We don't care what your name is boy
We'll never turn you away

So I'll continue to say
Here I always will stay

'Cause this land's the place I love
And here I'll stay
And here I'll stay
Here I'll stay

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You and your pretensions
So you lot are able to talk about your lives, but I am not permitted to talk about mine? I can't help it if mine was different to that of others, it certainly wasn't all sunshine and roses, it could be very hard at times. Severe physical punishment was frequent if I didn't toe the line. I had to help out with my father's horticultural business from the age of 8, it could be very hard physical labour.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
So you lot are able to talk about your lives, but I am not permitted to talk about mine? I can't help it if mine was different to that of others, it certainly wasn't all sunshine and roses, it could be very hard at times. Severe physical punishment was frequent if I didn't toe the line. I had to help out with my father's horticultural business from the age of 8, it could be very hard physical labour.
Of course, you are Tara. We all have different backgrounds and experiences, they are what made us, what we are today.
Just be mindful of how you put it across, as it could be misinterpreted. I am being nice about this, so please don't think otherwise.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:34 PM

I never judge people by where they come from, because there are good and bad in all areas. I have known lots of Scousers, some are the nicest people you could wish to meet, but I have know quite a few that I wouldn't like to meet in a quiet street on a dark night.
It is a persons personality that makes them nice people, not where they come from!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I like gay men Floydy.

The more gay men, the less competition for the ladies.
I'm not gay at all, but my boyfriend would like your phone number please.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Of course, you are Tara. We all have different backgrounds and experiences, they are what made us, what we are today.
Just be mindful of how you put it across, as it could be misinterpreted. I am being nice about this, so please don't think otherwise.
I don't get it, misinterpreted as what?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 12:58 PM

I don't get it, misinterpreted as what?
Showing off - Someone had to tell you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Showing off - Someone had to tell you.
What the heck is there to show off about my life? I have nearly totalled myself on many occasions. My childhood was spoilt by the religious fervour of my parents, with threats of hell-fire if I didn't get 'saved'. There was much, much more which 'normal' people would have found very weird indeed.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:17 PM

Just stop showing off. Muddy hates competition.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-02-2018, 01:18 PM

What the heck is there to show off about my life? I have nearly totalled myself on many occasions. My childhood was spoilt by the religious fervour of my parents, with threats of hell-fire if I didn't get 'saved'. There was much, much more which 'normal' people would have found very weird indeed.
Calm down Tara, I was referring to the Royal Yacht post actually.

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top