Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some people get very annoyed if someone parks across their driveway or in their usual parking spot.
Does it bother you? Or do you not care who parks there?
Have you, or would you put a polite note under their windscreen wipers?
I would get annoyed if someone blocked me from getting my car out of our drive. Fortunately it has never happened to us.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Times I've driven home and found someone parking across my bay so I can't get in, and I have to sound the horn at them and indicate I want to get in. Or if I want to get out they will take their time moving. More often than not it'll be mini cab drivers, displaced from local roads due to all of the CPZs, or sometimes a delivery/works van.

Many years ago I came home from my parents to find the car belonging to the church minister in my bay. When he came out to move it, sweating like a pig, he had the audacity to say he wasn't here long, and just popping in! Hearing him many a time through the walls of the church, getting himself into a frenzied state, I'd say he was a lying bar steward, and had been taking a service.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:41 AM

I used to regularly get blocked in by school run mums when I worked. It got so bad I had to get the car off the drive and park it in the road before the mob started arriving.

I once got my neighbour out of bed at 4am to move his sons car which was parked across my drive. He was most unimpressed
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:56 AM

The key legal facts about blocked driveways.

If a vehicle is parked on your driveway without your permission, they would be trespassing. As trespass is a civil and not criminal offence the police will not always get involved. They can send an officer to try and determine the owner of the vehicle and ask them to move.

A homeowner has no special legal right to park directly outside their property. All road users have the same right to park anywhere on the public highway as long as they do not contravene parking restrictions.

There is no time limit on how long a vehicle can remain parked in the same space on a road. The exception to this is if the vehicle is thought to have been abandoned, in which case it can be removed by the police.

Trying to keep a parking space available outside your home using cones or some other obstacle could be viewed as obstruction and liable to prosecution – unless your local authority has granted you the right to do so for something like a funeral.

If someone has parked on your driveway and you were to block them in, be careful not to cause an obstruction to the public highway as this is a criminal offence. If you do, the owner of the vehicle could call the police on you.

Vandalising a parked car is a criminal act and can be prosecuted. Even if just spraying chip fat on the windscreen or blocking the exhaust, these acts could still be classed as vandalism.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/motor...someone-478142
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:02 PM

I would love I if someone parked across my drive. It would mean I actually had one.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:40 PM

Uh don't cry .... you must have a walk way ...
Have someone park across that for you ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Uh don't cry .... you must have a walk way ...
Have someone park across that for you ...
Nope, just the pavement (sidewalk).
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:36 PM

I have a driveway..but no car....the only times the gates are opened is when I take the bins out. ...or My Daughter from Kent drives up for a long visit.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would love I if someone parked across my drive. It would mean I actually had one.
You have a path leading to your front door, yes?

Well, it's all down to imagination...park this on the path and pretend it's a real one parked on your new drive.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ladies in 4X4s.
No No No Spitty, I drive a 4x4 and have never blocked anyone's drive....Ever. Nor would I. It's sheer ignorance.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top