Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 12:39 PM

Blue Cheese for Dogs

I have never given my dogs blue cheese, but mostly because I don't often buy it for myself, I didn't realise it was dangerous for our dogs.

Have a look at this:

Blue cheese

Like milk, cheese contains enzymes dogs struggle to break down. Eating large amounts of higher fat varieties can cause sickness and diarrhoea.

However, blue cheeses, such as stilton and roquefort, are particularly dangerous. Many contain a substance called roquefortine C, which dogs are especially sensitive to. Roquefortine C may cause vomiting and diarrhoea and potentially tremors, twitching, seizures and high temperature if eaten in large doses. If you think your dog has eaten blue cheese and is suffering from any of these clinical signs then you should seek emergency veterinary advice.

Something else we need to remember by the looks of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 03:03 PM

Re: Blue Cheese for Dogs

I avoid feeding him anything processed including cheese, but I know people who share crisps and other food with their dog. I can't really criticise them because they are friends but it's possible a friend's dog died because they fed her mini cheddars. She got sick the next day and died in a week

Yesterday my dog snaffed a chicken bone from some ignorant idiot had thrown on the pavement. He's not feeling too good today so I hope he's ok. It's impossible to spot these things before they are scoffed and I can never manage to get them out once they are in his mouth.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Blue Cheese for Dogs

Might go nice with Strawberry's and a glass of Pims.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top