Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:01 PM

Do you like almond milk?

I find that I rather do.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Do you like almond milk?

I haven't tried almond milk, I buy coconut milk and use it on cereals and to make smoothies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:06 PM

I haven't tried it but I am sure I would

I eat lots of almonds every day but prefer to have the whole nut fibre and all rather than just the milk.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Hi Ffosse, I so glad you mentioned this.
Funnily enough my daughter had some of this in her fridge and told me its quite sweet.

Is it healthy on the saturated fat, sugar and salt scales?
Can you use it in place of normal milk? In coffee or on cereal for instance.

In other words is it safe to use when you have to keep saturated/,transfats, sugar and salt out of your diet.
Ive been told I allowed to eat almonds but only a handful.

I know you are suffering from health problems, worse even than mine so wondered if you have this as part of your healthy eating.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:22 PM

I'm sure i would like almond milk but i've never managed to find the teats on an almond, or any other nut come to think of it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:24 PM

While I tend to enjoy soy milk more, I often purchase almond milk, as well. If you are drinking it for health benefits, it's probably better to choose the milk without sugar, though it will be more of an acquired tastes.

Almond milk has the benefits of having no saturated dairy fats and is high in vitamin E which makes it heart healthier. While is it lower in protein than regular milk, it is high in calcium and other vitamins, usually because it is enriched.

While almonds are very high in antioxidants, and almond milk is higher in antioxidants than regular milk, almond milk has significantly fewer antioxidants than almonds because of the low concentration of the nuts.

In general, plant-based milks are a very, very good choice, particularly for people for whom cholesterol and heart concerns are a concern.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I find that I rather do.
I have never heard of it. It probably wouldn't be to my taste.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:41 PM

I tend to buy Alpro Almond and Alpro Light milk .... quite honestly I can't tell the difference in the taste.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:53 PM

It's quite watery and low calorie - I wouldn't say it tasted very sweet and there isn't much fat in it either. It's good on cereal.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:00 PM

I drink almond milk, not in tea or coffee, but it's great on cereals and as a drink on it's own. As far as I am aware it is a good substitute or alternative to cows milk. I buy the un-sweetened one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top