Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Thanks

Thanks to this site I have learned more and recieved more support and advice tha I had from medical teams who have visited me
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Re: Thanks

THB , I don"t think these medical teams are all they are cracked up to be. They are a business and want to get you to take as many pills as possible to make money
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Yes Deylon, it's always good if we can talk to people who have an understanding of whatever illness one may have. There is usually someone here who can give advice etc as to how they dealt with a certain condition. For me it was my newly diagnosed COPD, I read with interest on the thread I started about it. It's also always good to know we aren't alone. I agree, this forum is wonderful.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:23 PM

How are you feeling Deylon? Are you sleeping any better? I wish I could help!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Talking about qualified medical staff reminds me of when our first son was born. After being home for a few days the district nurse/ midwife/ health visitor or whatever turned up.
She came to see how the baby and us were coping.

What a silly thing to ask me of all people, my sense of humour really kicked in at her expense. Yes I know I shouldn't have, but I could not help myself. It went something like this after examining the lad and her questions to us.

"Well" said the nurse " You have a healthy little lad there and you seem to be coping ok. Is there anything that concerns you?"

BIG mistake

I said "yes there is something worrying me"
Nurse " Well I am here to help in any way, what is worrying you?"

Me " it is his feet"

Now the little lad was wrapped up in one of those baby grow bags. So the nurse unwrapped him and checked his feet and legs

Nurse " I can't see anything wrong with his feet or legs, what worries you"

Wait for it

Me to nurse " well I have to say his feet arn't big enough for the football boots i bought him"

The nurse hurried away never to be seen again

That is a true story
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Its nice to talk to strangers about your problems Deylon, they can often help you more.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:24 AM

I get a lot of support by posting on my cancer thread and helpful advice from people.

It's also good to have a place to vent. Just typing something out can take the edge of things.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:28 AM

It is often easier to talk about problems with a "stranger" than it is with family.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
THB , I don"t think these medical teams are all they are cracked up to be. They are a business and want to get you to take as many pills as possible to make money
This . . .
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:56 PM

IThanks for your enquiry Annie,you are a lovely lady. dont feel terribly great but Im determined to struggle on and keep away from the hospital,I dont sleep that good ,but usuallly get back to sleep ,sometimes have to use my inhaler ,but I prefer to be downstairs in my recliner chair,I can watch tele if I dont sleep/read or make a warm drink. Since coming out of hospital 4 wks. ago I have had Rapid Response daily for a week,checking B.P /breathing etc.Im told I have Asthma/COPD and my Heart is not functioning well Then the respiratory team came who MAY send me for breathing exercises, but want to check why I am aneamic 1st, a Dr from 'virtual ward visited ,said similar things,plus I may be bleeding internally,Had a hospital check up where I was told that they ' dont want me to keep going to A&E' [ FEELING IS MUTUAL ] /Now I am in limbo again,just waiting to hear what is going to happen.I tried to ring V.W Dr ,to ask what is happening,but told someone will ring back [ WHEN ?],so I will ring again tomorrow.Fortunately my Cancer is stable and I do not go to C..hospital till July,so something is GOOD And, like I said ,I have so much advice and suupport from this site

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top