Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 02:48 PM

Outlander.

Its been announced that there will be a series 5 and 6 with the 4th to air later this year.
I have 1 and 2 box sets because of my interest in Culloden and enjoyed them both, just wonder if anyone thought the 3rd series was worth investing in.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 12:50 AM

Re: Outlander.

Just started watching it from the beginning on Amazon Prime up to episode 13.

I have never known a woman more keen to take her kit off in the coldest place in the UK.
No wonder her nipples are always rock hard..

Decent story line am enjoying it a lot.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 06:54 AM

I watched it on Prime, glad they are doing another series I hope it doesn't get daft though.

You are right about the nipples Longfellow and they stay that way even as she ages her hair starts to go grey and she walks slightly differently but those nipples..... chapel hatpegs they are
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I watched it on Prime, glad they are doing another series I hope it doesn't get daft though.
Yes sometimes its best to end after a few series otherwise like you say the story lines tend to get rather silly and repetitive.
One of the main reasons you will never catch me watching things like Corrie/Eastenders and Emmerdale apart from the bad acting as well that is.

You are right about the nipples Longfellow and they stay that way even as she ages her hair starts to go grey and she walks slightly differently but those nipples..... chapel hatpegs they are
Grey hair ye say that can look very sexy on a lady when yer get to my age,and walking slightly differently, well we all know what that as been caused by don't we, possibly all that rolling in the bracken .
Aye lass and a good long walk on those Yorkshire Moors wearing a wet t/shirt will always have that same effect as well on nipples..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes sometimes its best to end after a few series otherwise like you say the story lines tend to get rather silly and repetitive.
One of the main reasons you will never catch me watching things like Corrie/Eastenders and Emmerdale apart from the bad acting as well that is.

Grey hair ye say that can look very sexy on a lady when yer get to my age,and walking slightly differently, well we all know what that as been caused by don't we, possibly all that rolling in the bracken .
Aye lass and a good long walk on those Yorkshire Moors wearing a wet t/shirt will always have that same effect as well on nipples..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 12:18 PM

But but but is series 3 any good, does it still keep being set in Scotland after the battle. ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
But but but is series 3 any good, does it still keep being set in Scotland after the battle. ?
Some of it is in Scotland, some of it is set in Jamaica. It also flicks backwards and forwards a bit between 1746 & 1968. Excellent acting from Tobias Menzies as always.

My personal opinion is that it is worth investing in as something to watch but it does not have the intensity of series 1 &2. For me, series 3 is a bit like watching Poldark but with some very good acting.

If you are solely interested in the battle of Culloden then it's probably not for you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

16-05-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some of it is in Scotland, some of it is set in Jamaica. It also flicks backwards and forwards a bit between 1746 & 1968. Excellent acting from Tobias Menzies as always.

My personal opinion is that it is worth investing in as something to watch but it does not have the intensity of series 1 &2. For me, series 3 is a bit like watching Poldark but with some very good acting.

If you are solely interested in the battle of Culloden then it's probably not for you.
Thanks LD its the time period that interests me, as after the battle the Highland clearances started,i will wait until it drops its price and buy it.

ta.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks LD its the time period that interests me, as after the battle the Highland clearances started,i will wait until it drops its price and buy it.

ta.
The Highland clearances is mentioned but not in great detail.

Incidently, we visited Culloden moor just last week (probably the windiest place on Earth ) and could not resist taking a pic of the Fraser stone.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

16-05-2018, 01:51 PM

I visited the site circa 1987, but had a wriggly 4 year old in tow,would love to go again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top