Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Your Ceiling And Walls. All the same colour.

What do you think of this idea.
Painting your ceiling and walls all the same colour rather than the traditional white ceiling.

The thing is that the rooms in the photos have decorative coving which defines the walls ending and the ceilings beginning.

If you dont like it in colour what about the walls and ceiling all in brilliant white? Too cold? Living in a frigde?

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/try...he-room-202948
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: Your Ceiling And Walls. All the same colour.

It very much depends on the size of the room doesn't it?

My brother lives in a cottagey sort of house, single storey, and has white right through the place.
Works fine, looks lovely.

Here in ruthiotowers it would look awful.
We have ceilings like the first picture, picture rails too.
It cries out for a bit of colour contrast/complement.

We're doing up our dining room soon and it's a dilemma!

I do like the soft grey of picture no.5...grey is the new magnolia I'm reliably informed!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 11:50 AM

My ceilings and walls are already the same colour with wooden/plaster features, etc, painted in a contrasting colour .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 12:31 PM

My upstairs bedrooms have been all one colour for a few years now as they are in the eaves so don't really have much in the way of walls

My upstairs lounge has a white ceiling to give it height as that too is in the eaves
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Here is a super website I view regularly. Covers all aspects

https://www.houzz.com.au/ideabooks/usa

here in Dobra Towers we agree to disagree....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 02:49 PM

We only have a small 2 bed cottage, and we have a white ceiling and we have chosen Timeless for the walls in the Kitchen, just to make the room look bigger for potential buyers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 04:09 PM

I like white - ceilings and coving white throughout with neutral almond white painted walls everywhere. In the kitchen there are white walls with a wooden floor and cashmere coloured shaker units with white sparkly granite worktops.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 05:23 PM

Hi

I was converted by my son.

Brilliant white everywhere, in fact Dulux Light and Space, it makes the house look so much bigger.

You can add colour with fabrics and pictures.

I am a convert.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:01 PM

My bungalow is very small. Its very plain with no picture rails or coving. At the moment its all white ceilings and magnolia walls but I did think about painting each room a colour on both ceiling and walls but I also thought about doing the whole place brilliant white.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
My bungalow is very small. Its very plain with no picture rails or coving. At the moment its all white ceilings and magnolia walls but I did think about painting each room a colour on both ceiling and walls but I also thought about doing the whole place brilliant white.
I think that would look great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top