Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:54 AM

Re: Pharmacy warning

At least your doctor referring you to a high street pharmacy Twinks not a remote service on an industrial estate...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
At least your doctor referring you to a high street pharmacy Twinks not a remote service on an industrial estate...
I know what you mean....... I would be scared that the dispensed drugs were not what they should be if I couldn't see the pharmacist who dispenses them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Scams like this need to go on for several years before the government does something about it. Of course, petrol can go up overnight.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 08:46 PM

I hadn't heard of this before now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:12 AM

According to the internet they have been around 20 years. They must have a contract with the NHS and pharmacies will feel threatened if they are expanding. I've never used them and I hope the option remains to use a pharmacy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Mups, that has me really worried now - as my GP signed me up with them over a year ago when my thyroid has packed in - I am now on thyroxine tablets daily. It works like this:-

They send me a reminder email - usually the week before I am due to run out.
I confirm my order of thyroxine.
They contact my GP to confirm prescription order/dosage etc.
Medicine arrives through the post a couple of days later.

They have never let me down with delivery and I have never been contacted by any unwanted mail.
Why can't your G.P. prescribe you thyroxine tablets and you can either pick them up at the pharmacy or have them deliver to you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Why can't your G.P. prescribe you thyroxine tablets and you can either pick them up at the pharmacy or have them deliver to you?

I wondered that too, Ffosse.

Tabs, if you are concerned about it, ask your GP why he sends your prescription via that firm and not your local pharmacy.

I have Levothyroxine too, but because it's on repeat, I just go to the pharmacy a week or so before I run out, and it's always ready there in a bag waiting for me to collect.
The pharmacist told me he reapplies for any repeat prescriptions from the Doc's 2 weeks before they run out, so it's all ready and bagged up for anyone when they call in.

I think if someone is poorly and can't get out, they do a van delivery service from the pharmacy too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Think its more of a question asked by the doctor to which chemist you would like to pick up your prescription.

All a Doctor does is issue a prescription to you which you take to anywhere that issues drugs you want.

PS they all have the same drugs.

PS this is for repete prescriptions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:22 PM

Hi

This is the report on the Care Quality Commission Inspection.

The Company ranks much higher than other Health Care Providers, including GP practices and hospitals

http://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/...s/AAAG3954.pdf
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Some not very good findings there according to that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top