Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Montalbano

A heads up for all Montalbano fans. A new series starts tonight at 9:00PM on BBC 4.

For those who aren't familiar, it's a detective series set on the island of Sicily and Montalbano is the chief of detectives in the fictional town of Vigāta. Beautiful locations, great acting and stories with a twist. Ideal Saturday night viewing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 08:09 PM

Re: Montalbano

Never seen it but thanks Judd. Will give it a try.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:48 PM

Saw the red light on my sky box and couldn't think what I was recording. Scrolled through and realised it was Montalbano. Haven't fathomed out yet why I enjoy it so much, but looking forward to watching it tomorrow
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:01 PM

I watched a few episodes in the past then gave up.
I thought it was drivel - couldn't make it's mind up if it was a comedy or a drama
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:02 PM

I don't bother as I can't seem to both watch the action and keep up with the sub titles....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:45 PM

Sorry Judster.

I tried but had to turn over. I liked the locations, the cars the women but I suppose I was expecting a serious detective programme, not a 'comedy'.

Now go and stand in the corner.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't bother as I can't seem to both watch the action and keep up with the sub titles....

Oh no, that's put me off then Barry. I won't watch anything with sub titles.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry Judster.

I tried but had to turn over. I liked the locations, the cars the women but I suppose I was expecting a serious detective programme, not a 'comedy'.

Now go and stand in the corner.

It is a bit quirky, that's why I like it. Makes a change from the usual `full-on` detective series' where every violent act is shown in graphic detail.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It is a bit quirky, that's why I like it. Makes a change from the usual `full-on` detective series' where every violent act is shown in graphic detail.
I suppose I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top