Join for free
Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 03:28 PM

Re: Home Gardens

Hanging Basket

Containers

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1678.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	6036   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1667.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	6037  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:05 PM

These are beautiful !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That Delphinium, is a "whopper" LD,..Lupins as well,..have you watched Chelsea flower show?..
i have actually been to the Chelsea flower show but it's nothing like you see on TV. Far too many people and all the gardens have to viewed from too far away. Much better view on telly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hanging Basket

Containers

Fantastic Mags
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:39 PM

Lovely seeing all your gardens

My goodness what a colourful show Mags
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I love you gardens,Nicol,..i will be hacking mine back,..i have done so in the past,and it grows back a lot denser,.......

maybe everyone could post,more pics of their gardens,..say in August, just to see how everything has grown.
Thanks Pauline, they were a real mess a couple of years ago, it's taken 2 summers of hard graft to get them up to scratch.

They looked quite good in spring but I sort of ruined them by hacking so much back but there was a method to my madness. I lose my green bin in either June or July (green bin is for garden waste, council are going to charge £50 per year from this summer for them and I'm not paying it on principal) so I really needed to get everything chopped back so I could get rid of the cuttings before the bin goes.

Plus I cut down all the climbers against the side/back fence so I could paint it. Hopefully it'll all grow back!
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
This is my garden. It's looking a bit naked at the moment as I've hacked a lot of things back because they had got out of control.

And this is the front garden....

Nice garden Gill

All i am responsible for in mine is the grass
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fantastic Mags
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lovely seeing all your gardens

My goodness what a colourful show Mags
Thanks my garden is quite small and I sometimes go a bit OTT packing everything in to it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks my garden is quite small and I sometimes go a bit OTT packing everything in to it!

Mags, those flowers are really beautiful.
Now tell me something please.
I'm as bad as you with all my pots and tubs, but am finding the compost a bit of a chore each year.

Do you empty your tubs out and start afresh each spring, or do you just top up with new compost and add fresh plant food in?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-05-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mags, those flowers are really beautiful.
Now tell me something please.
I'm as bad as you with all my pots and tubs, but am finding the compost a bit of a chore each year.

Do you empty your tubs out and start afresh each spring, or do you just top up with new compost and add fresh plant food in?
Thank Mups I empty all my annuals pots and tubs when they have finished flowering after the summer and start anew with fresh compost in clean pots in the Spring. All the old compost I dig into the garden as long as it doesn't have lots of roots or bugs in it

Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top