Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:12 AM

Re: An audience with Cliff Richard

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I like a mature cheddar. Cliff is like Stilton: all old and veiny and mouldy-looking
Oh dear Floydy it sounds like a bit of the old green eye here
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:26 PM

I watched the programme last night and it reminded me of just how long Cliff has been around and how successful his career has been. I was sorry he was dragged through the mud with operation yew tree and am of the opinion that what happened to Cliff Richard was disgraceful. IMO the programme intended to try to minimise some of the damage that has been done to him. Overall, I think it did a good job.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:54 AM

I have loathed Cliff Richard ever since I first heard him all those years ago. A strictly average singer, a shockingly awful dancer - what is that weird 'flush the toilet' movement he seems to make for every song he sings? I find his public Christianity repugnant especially if there is an iota of truth in the allegations against him. His choice of song, especially at Christmas is execrable - Mistletoe and Wine never fails to make me feel queasy and don't get me started on that Lord's Prayer travesty!
Over the years I have worked occasionally with born-again Christians and they were all Cliff Richard fans, always buying his records and generally loving him So common was this I came to the conclusion that buying his records was a requirement for being a B-A C, hence his success in charts that didn't even bear a minimal resemblance to his genre.
The only thing he has ever done that I enjoyed at all was Summer Holiday, which was deeply strange, almost surreal and chugged along happily despite his zero-acting inclusion.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 12:43 PM

For the record and to answer earlier poster's questions, this was a very old recording from 1999. So 19 years ago now.

That should have been obvious from the presence in the audience of some celebrities who have since passed away. Jeremy Beadle for example and John Mills. Other clues were Amanda Holden still sat with Les Dennis.

It was clearly a move by him and media to try and patch up the recent scandal allegations and paint him back in a good light imo.

It was interesting hearing the older songs that Cliff had hits with but far more interesting identifying all of the celebrities in the audience.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No I didn't. Can't stand him. Was he waving his arms in the air and swaying about again? Hate all that cheesy crap.
Waving and swaying may be cheesy Floydy Ladd, BUT it's made the man a load of dosh..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top