Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Do You Ever Stop.

And listen to the birds,talk about a dawn chorus this morning, in my bedroom typing now,they sound alive and happy,..not everyone would agree im sure,
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Re: Do You Ever Stop.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
And listen to the birds,talk about a dawn chorus this morning, in my bedroom typing now,they sound alive and happy,..not everyone would agree im sure,
Theres a few million in the church yards who'd love to hear it.
I awoke at 4:30 this morning they'd just started,beautiful.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:57 AM

The dawm chorus is a beautiful sound, nature is a beautiful thing to be enjoyed. I was zonked and never heard a thing this morning mores the pity
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:02 AM

I listen to them - it's possible in a big city, although I'm only a mile from the centre it's like the suburbs here in terms of trees and birds singing.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:26 AM

I was just saying the other day that the dawn chorus is nowhere near as loud as it used to be around where I live, I'm surrounded by trees so it should be loud. Problem is we have lots of Red Kite birds near us and I think most birds now keep a low profile for fear of becoming breakfast.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Don't think they keep going until 9am when I get up normally
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Every day!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:50 AM

I woke up about 4 ish the other morning and thought that the birds were very loud this morning.

When I came to my senses I realised that when lying in bed in the night I was listening to a kids version of Wind in the Willows audio book on YouTube. This lovely reading an hour before the end of the recording lets the background effects of the birds and the stream run on for the last hour. Lovely way to wake up.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Brilliant - thank you MC - that is one of my all time favourite books!

At primary school we had Miss Rix (distant relative of Brian Rix) and she read this to us - she could change her voice for each character - and had us all enthralled.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top