Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 11:38 PM

Re: May's Big Speech

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Never mind the speech! Her trousers have fallen out with her ankles!!!
Jeeze who dresses that woman!!
Her trousers fall WAY SHORT of smart
She's a disgrace to trousers everywhere
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:11 AM

Hi

I remain convinced that Brexit will happen.

The Transition period is, to my mind, down to sheer incompetence, nothing more.

We are suffering because of this, our Credit Rating has just been downgraded again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:38 AM

I feel that we `leavers` are being stitched up and our politicians never had any intention of honouring the EU referendum. Too may with self-interests.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:47 AM

Brexit is happening. But what we are seeing now is the difference between expectations and reality. I am convinced that if any leave voters were in the place of the politicians and presented with all the information, then they would be coming to the same conclusions. We simply are not prepared for anything else. But I also think that the speech only gave a hint of the timescale. It will be more than two years. We will be like norway or switzerland - paying in but with no seat at the table and with no say on policy decisions but bound by the same rules. There is clearly no plan. It's all about "creativity"....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 03:49 AM

Hi

I cannot agree about the Conspiracy Theory.

Years of working under political direction have convinced me that they are incapable of anything as complex.

Members of Cabinet are never united and are all looking out for themselves and the dream of becoming PM.

They are incapable of keeping their mouths shut and constantly brief against each other.

The only time that there is any unity is when there is a run up to an Election, when their main concern is getting elected again.

I agree with Shropshiregirl, we do not currently have anyone who can deliver in the current Government.

Just a thought, maybe we could hire Merkel.

A master of planning and organisation and absolutely ruthless.

Putin would also get the job done.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 08:58 AM

What did she say apart from nowt?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I feel that we `leavers` are being stitched up and our politicians never had any intention of honouring the EU referendum. Too may with self-interests.
Hi Judd.
I am so wound up about May sucking up to the EU Eurocrats to give away billions (£20/£30/£40?£50 or who knows yet) of our cash so we can hold on to their shirt tails for four/5 more years.
Even the shirt tails have skid marks on them!
I could go on such a rant, but as I better calm down, I will just settle for your excellent short post which sums up exactly what is going on here!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Hi Judd.
I am so wound up about May sucking up to the EU Eurocrats to give away billions (£20/£30/£40?£50 or who knows yet) of our cash so we can hold on to their shirt tails for four/5 more years.
Even the shirt tails have skid marks on them!
I could go on such a rant, but as I better calm down, I will just settle for your excellent short post which sums up exactly what is going on here!
Hi

Boozer, are you seriously suggesting that we leave in March 2019 without any way of collecting Tariffs from the EU and with no Immigration System in place and without even our WTO Deals we had with over 80 Countries, never mind the ability to negotiate new ones.

If we did that it would cost vastly more than what a Transitional Deal is costing.

I totally agree about the incompetence of May and her Cabinet, I have been posting about this from day one.

We should never have been in this position, but we are.

I see no point in making the situation worse.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:04 PM

You should not hold a referendum on something if you cannot implement one of the options.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Okay, talk of a two-year transition period to put in place all the mechanisms needed, due in large part to the sheer incompetence of TM's government to get their house in order from the moment the majority of the British people made their choice to leave, has led to this.

Britain, who has been bragging for the last 15 months of just how independent we are whilst chasing our ruddy tails by doing nothing except in-fighting, have ended up putting a smile on the faces of all those who wish to remain, whilst alienating the majority that voted to leave.
Who is to say TM will still be on the throne in 1, 2 3 4 or 5 years time. Who is to say that by that time another government may be in office, or another Prime Minister who may well be from the Remain camp, doesn't come out with reasons to extend the transition period with ever more excuses, or even worse, have their wish to hold another Referendum, as happened with Ireland.???

I, like others, have to concede, as has been confirmed, we will require a further 5,000 border personnel to fully protect and safeguard all of our borders. We have no choice other than to swallow this bitter pill, even though we loathe the thought of staying in the EU for a minute longer than that which was promised to the British people, but what I personally object to, and yes, it is a whinge, is that after 2019 for those two years, we will still be ruled over by those elite ostriches in Brussels on every factor of our lives, our fishing waters will still be plundered, free movement will still be allowed, we will still be governed by both the EU and the ECHR with our laws.

I only hope TM's act of humble pie yesterday doesn't come back to bite her on the backside! I feel she has shown her hand and the EU must see that we have a very weak and divided government. I see TM now in exactly the same position as Cameron when he went cap in hand to the EU elite and came back with crumbs. Merkel will be back on the scene come Monday. God help us then.

Guy Verhofstadt, Brexit co-ordinator, is already stating that MEP's reject Mrs Mays's proposal for EU migrants to be forced to register if they arrive in Britain during the transition period. Macron too pipes up with the statement that the UK needs to clarify matters concerning the settlement of European citizens, the financial terms and the question of Ireland, otherwise there will be no further advance on the rest.
What have we had in return from them?. Zilch, nothing, zero.

We are being shaken by the tail all the way through, and will continue to do so.

Brexit seems to be becoming more and more remote.

It's very depressing.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top