Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Re: My beautiful Agapanthus

Thanks Mups, I never gave it a thought to tie up the leaves which makes a lot of sense and will keep a lot of the sliminess off the centre. Thanks again for the tips!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks Mups, I never gave it a thought to tie up the leaves which makes a lot of sense and will keep a lot of the sliminess off the centre. Thanks again for the tips!

You will still get some slime Mags, but just snip it off next spring and it will soon dry out again. Don't tie the leaves too tight either, just to hold them up out the way, it is easier for when you have to slide a fleece bag over them then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You will still get some slime Mags, but just snip it off next spring and it will soon dry out again.
Wll do Mups
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:52 AM

I adore them Mups and what a lovely display they have made in your garden. I thought it would be easy to grow them in my sandy soil, but nothing came up. I even bought the Northern Star variety as recommended by the RHS, but still nothing, So next year I will put them in pots. Thanks for the inspiration, I have a need to go buy bulbs now,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I adore them Mups and what a lovely display they have made in your garden. I thought it would be easy to grow them in my sandy soil, but nothing came up. I even bought the Northern Star variety as recommended by the RHS, but still nothing, So next year I will put them in pots. Thanks for the inspiration, I have a need to go buy bulbs now,

Thank you Cedronella.
You might be better to wait till next March time, then you won't have to worry about over-wintering them straightaway.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Ooo great idea, I have enough problems trying to find cover for the dahlias.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-09-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Ooo great idea, I have enough problems trying to find cover for the dahlias.

Yes, same here.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top