Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:48 PM

Cruise booked for 2018

While we were on our last cruise P&O announced their 2018 cruise brochure. So we had a look and saw a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. It is somewhere on our want to see list and the onboard discount offer was too good to miss. So we booked for the middle of next year.

The ship is the Aurora and going from Southampton to Haugesund-Flaam-Aurlandfjord-Sognefjord-Alesund-Romsdalfjord-Tronheim- StorfJorden-Sunnylvsfjorden-Hellesit-Geiranger-Olden-Innvikfjorden-Nordfjord-Stavanger then back to Southampton imcluding 2 days at sea.

This ship is about half the size of the Azura so less passangers so get to know a few more I hope.
Looks as if my eldest son may be coming on the trip with us but has not booked yet.

Booking this early gave us the choice of cabins and decks so again booked one with a balcony on one of the top decks.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 12:02 AM

Re: Cruise booked for 2018

We did that P&O cruise a few years ago. We sailed on Artemis - another small ship compared to the others.. Apparently a large ship can't get down the Fjords as it's narrow in parts.

It was fantastic - in my opinion the best scenery in the world.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:34 AM

My mum has sailed on the Aurora several times, one of her favourite boats she says. Enjoy.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 06:27 AM

I won a short cruise to Norway some time ago! Breathtaking scenery but boy, is it an expensive place to visit.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
While we were on our last cruise P&O announced their 2018 cruise brochure. So we had a look and saw a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. It is somewhere on our want to see list and the onboard discount offer was too good to miss. So we booked for the middle of next year.

The ship is the Aurora
Congrats Realspeed.

Aurora is imo and in many people's opinion, the best ship in the fleet. It has a huge following and has been the most "glam" ship for years, meaning that passengers love and expect to dress up smartly. The dumbed down dress code has diluted this in recent years as it has on all ships but Aurora remains the best imo.

One of the proper traditional ships she sports the best crows nest, which is on 3 levels, a traditional wide prom deck which you can walk laps on and the superb Andersons bar, a very decadent closed off bar/lounge which is perfect for pre-dinner ginties and people watching.

The Norway cruise is lovely but you will need to book excursions at most stops because there isn't much there. Bergen is the exception which is usually the highlight of the trip. Beautiful town, great fish market and good shops. Wasn't on your itinerary list there but Bergen usually features.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 09:47 AM

we've just got home after spending 104 nights on Aurora - our second world cruise on her. We've done 24 cruises with P&O, on seven different ships, and she's far and away our favourite.

Booked again for 2019 - 55 nights to the Amazon and Caribbean, followed by another 12 nights up to the edge of the Arctic Circle. Total bargain doing back-to-back cruises, but packing is going to be interesting....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
we've just got home after spending 104 nights on Aurora - our second world cruise on her. We've done 24 cruises with P&O, on seven different ships, and she's far and away our favourite.
Sounds lovely Deb. You are very well travelled. I can top your P&O cruise count as we have now done 28 averaging 14 nights each but we have yet to do a "worldie" and we've haven't been as far and wide as you have. We're pretty addicted to the Med TBH and I don't really want to spend 7 nights there and 7 nights back at sea to be at the Caribbean for a few days, same for US/Canada cruise. I don't fly so that kinda limits the destinations. That and of course the current world problems in some countries.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

The ship is the Aurora and going from Southampton to Haugesund-Flaam-Aurlandfjord-Sognefjord-Alesund-Romsdalfjord-Tronheim- StorfJorden-Sunnylvsfjorden-Hellesit-Geiranger-Olden-Innvikfjorden-Nordfjord-Stavanger then back to Southampton imcluding 2 days at sea.

This ship is about half the size of the Azura so less passangers so get to know a few more I hope.
Looks as if my eldest son may be coming on the trip with us but has not booked yet.

Booking this early gave us the choice of cabins and decks so again booked one with a balcony on one of the top decks.
We have never been on a cruise, but that sounds like a fantastic trip. Any chance of a link please?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Just go browse the P&O website Gasman. You will never look back.

www.pocruises.com
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 03:58 PM

This cruise is a bit out of the ordinary.

https://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/patricia-voyages

One of my sisters and her husband are going on Trinity House cruise at the end of the month.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top