Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Re: Sat Navs or knowledge?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'll track you from the car park if you can find your way out of the supermarket first.

You are a good man. That is very reassuring.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have not got a SatNav, and my map book is 2008.

I have got to go with a friend to Solihull next Tuesday, so if no one hears from me again, you will know we are still bumbling around the countryside into eternity. . .

I have just pasted & copied your gif, it's brilliant, Mups.

We trust our sat-nav & it's not let us down yet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have just pasted & copied your gif, it's brilliant, Mups.

We trust our sat-nav & it's not let us down yet.

My horse and cart Tiff? Good innit.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My horse and cart Tiff? Good innit.
Not seen that one before, but I do have these...

Sorry OG off topic.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have always found that the best way is to use a bit of everything:

Sat Nav
Sign reading
Common sense.

Combine the three and you are likely to reach your destination in good time.
This is basically my idea plus once I been somewhere once or twice I can do without the sat nav.
I cant stand seeing people with sat navs stuck right in the middle of the windscreen either, mine is in the middle of the dash where the ashtray would normally be.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 05:02 PM

You have to put them wherever they will go, no chance of fixing one to the dashboard in the Mondy or the Beddy.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:43 PM

i watched an artist and asked him what he was painting, he said a horse and cart. I said "I can see the horse in the picture but not the cart".

The artist replied " The horse has to draw that"
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:45 PM

I couldn't do my job without a sat Nav, although I also use local knowledge if I'm in a familiar area, I still leave the sat nav on to warn me of speed cameras/limits, mines voice controlled, but sometimes I end up shouting at it as its female it sometimes ignores me !!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I couldn't do my job without a sat Nav, although I also use local knowledge if I'm in a familiar area, I still leave the sat nav on to warn me of speed cameras/limits, mines voice controlled, but sometimes I end up shouting at it as its female it sometimes ignores me !!
Blimey Primus, when I first read this I thought you meant it warns you of MINES.......I hadn't come across those on the motorway before....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Blimey Primus, when I first read this I thought you meant it warns you of MINES.......I hadn't come across those on the motorway before....
It was produced in Afghanistan

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top