Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Any suggestions?

I used to keep fit by walking - often up very steep hills.
Since I developed trochanteric bursitis in my thigh I can only do a steady walk on the flat - hills are too painful.

Can you suggest anything that will burn a few calories? Swimming's ok but I'm getting a bit bored with it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Re: Any suggestions?

I had constant hip pain for nearly 2 years. I thought I had worn out my hip through running. After chatting to an old running mate of mine I was convinced I needed a new hip. But, as I like to do research of my own, I came across a comment on a website about a lack of calcium can cause similar pain. Apparently the body will attack itself to make up for the shortfall. What the hell I had nothing to lose so I bought some calcium tablets. Instant relief! After years where I had tried everything I could think of with regard to sitting positions etc within just a few hours the pain went away and has never come back since.

At the time of the above I was following a pretty strict diet without any dairy products at all. My diet was totally bereft of any source of calcium. So, whenever I hear about someone suffering from hip pain I always mention the cure I found. I take a calcium tablet daily now. Initially I took 2 a day.

Another thing is the pain can travel moving down the leg. So make sure you have enough calcium in case of a misdiagnosis.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Carol any activity will burn calories.... but I don't suppose that you want to take in other people's ironing, do you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I used to keep fit by walking - often up very steep hills.
Since I developed trochanteric bursitis in my thigh I can only do a steady walk on the flat - hills are too painful.

Can you suggest anything that will burn a few calories? Swimming's ok but I'm getting a bit bored with it.
Do you like gardening? Digging soil over is good exercise.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Horizontal jogging maybe?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Thanks RS

I really didn't want to be the one to suggest it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks RS

I really didn't want to be the one to suggest it.
Horizontal jogging? - it's a new one on me.

How do you do it please?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 12:34 PM

Cycling?
If it's not painful for you Carol it's a great way to exercise legs, as it's non weight bearing
EvelynKish
New Member!
United States
EvelynKish is female 

06-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Hi Carol,
I was also looking for the solution for calorie burn. Last night I had met one of my friends and through her I came to know that there is a dietary supplement available in the market which helps in burning out the calories in the human body. And she has been using the supplement from many days. She told me that after taking the dose of the supplement, she has lost much of her fat and even gained her metabolic rate. I was really surprised to hear that, but the her fit and fat free free body shape revealed the truth. She has ordered the supplement [mod edit link removed ]and took it according to the directions of usage. I am definitely going to try this out to get my calorie burned.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by EvelynKish ->
Hi Carol,
I was also looking for the solution for calorie burn. Last night I had met one of my friends and through her I came to know that there is a dietary supplement available in the market which helps in burning out the calories in the human body. And she has been using the supplement from many days. She told me that after taking the dose of the supplement, she has lost much of her fat and even gained her metabolic rate. I was really surprised to hear that, but the her fit and fat free free body shape revealed the truth. She has ordered the supplement and took it according to the directions of usage. I am definitely going to try this out to get my calorie burned.

Is this an AD ? lol

and I have edited out the link in my quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top