Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:08 AM

BBC reporting

Does anyone know of a forum on which views can be posted about the way the BBC are reporting the news? I am SO cheesed off with the bullying manipulative manner of their reporters which lately appears to have become even more dictatorial. I know they have a once a week slot for various objections, but I'd like to see a worldwide discussion forum.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:23 AM

Re: BBC reporting

You could always comment on their FB page. Lots of people do and I haven't noticed any reports of comments being removed.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:24 AM

At one time I read BBC News on a daily basis. I never go near the place now.

It isn't an easy matter finding unbiased news. Seems you have to form your own after reading different versions of the same news.

You might be able to voice your disgust on their Facebook page. Whether or not it will remain on view is another matter.

Their Facebook page ...
https://www.facebook.com/BBCForum

Their radio broadcasts are just as biased so you could complain here...

BBC Radio Forum ...
http://www.bbclocalradioforum.co.uk/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:26 AM

It's not just the reporters, it's the programmes too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 12:51 PM

I only listen to LBC. The presenters are of differing opinions, so I guess that gives me a fairly rounded picture of what's happening.

When the Grenfell Tower atrocity was unfolding, I did put the BBC News on telly, but it's not something I usually do.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Does anyone know of a forum on which views can be posted about the way the BBC are reporting the news? I am SO cheesed off with the bullying manipulative manner of their reporters which lately appears to have become even more dictatorial. I know they have a once a week slot for various objections, but I'd like to see a worldwide discussion forum.
Only viewing figure count so stop tuning in, when figures drop they will take notice.
As long as you watch they dont care if you like it or not they have won the ratings and thats all that matters.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Only viewing figure count so stop tuning in, when figures drop they will take notice.
As long as you watch they dont care if you like it or not they have won the ratings and thats all that matters.
I tend not to watch a lot of telly these days (the radio has better pictures ) but I hate it when I find something on BBC that I want to watch.

Not sure it happens that often.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:04 PM

MP Angela Leadsom criticises broadcasters...

Brexit: Tory MP Leadsom being interviewed by Newsnight's Emily Maitlis says broadcasters should be patriotic - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40386788
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
MP Angela Leadsom criticises broadcasters...

Brexit: Tory MP Leadsom being interviewed by Newsnight's Emily Maitlis says broadcasters should be patriotic - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40386788
I strongly disagree with that. If we are to have to free press it doesn't have to be patriotic. It's not the British way to force these things. After all there are four nations in the union, what about their separate identities? What next? Salute a photo of Theresa every morning?

I like the BBC, they produce some excellent programmes. Gardener's World is on just now. Love Monty Don.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I strongly disagree with that. If we are to have to free press it doesn't have to be patriotic. It's not the British way to force these things. After all there are four nations in the union, what about their separate identities? What next? Salute a photo of Theresa every morning?

I like the BBC, they produce some excellent programmes. Gardener's World is on just now. Love Monty Don.
Old Monty isn't so nice behind the scenes so I have been told by someone in the know. He always seems so nice on TV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top