Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Re: No News coverage....why ?

Excellent.
And have they buggered off back home now?
I do hope so!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Love you lefties.

On the same day in Stratford a march desended in to a Riot six Police were injured by bricks thrown at them

That was the march reported and rightly so by the media
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Love you lefties.

On the same day in Stratford a march desended in to a Riot six Police were injured by bricks thrown at them

That was the march reported and rightly so by the media
That was not a political march.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 11:21 PM

I think the point being made is that peaceful 10000 march against extremism and nothing in the press or TV yet a non political demonstration that turns to violence gets full coverage.
Obviously headline of, Peaceful March Against Extremism, doesn't sell papers or feed the Tories ideal that all demonstrations are left wing led and should be quashed because of the violence they cause.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
A Facebook post said there was a massive march in London yesterday, but it wouldn't be covered in the media. So I searched with the specific wording "June 25th 2017 London Football Lads march"

And this is what came up....

The Times

Discussionist

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84bpqTjswY

Youtube did have other posts to be fair.

Why should a peaceful march in London of ten thousand people fail to get on TV news or the daily papers ?
Maybe because it was aimed at Islamic extremism?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe because it was aimed at Islamic extremism?
I fail to see that is not newsworthy.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:06 AM

I fail to see that is not newsworthy.
Absolutely.
Any demonstrations by left or right against extremism are GOOD.

Surely no one disputes that?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 11:54 AM

A Facebook post said there was a massive march in London yesterday, but it wouldn't be covered in the media. So I searched with the specific wording "June 25th 2017 London Football Lads march"

And this is what came up....

The Times

Discussionist

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84bpqTjswY

Youtube did have other posts to be fair.

Why should a peaceful march in London of ten thousand people fail to get on TV news or the daily papers ?
Because paranoid Muslims will not like it. And will be hysterically shouting about "Islamophobia".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 12:58 PM

Watching out for news I think should be covered has long been a dissapointment to me, people yelling Muslims should speak up against extremists but when they have its never reported, leading to people thinking they approve. Our media needs to stop reporting on the celebrity rubbish and get out there reporting on things that matter. Few years ago the cladding on a tower block deemed dangerous would have been an investigative piece long before any fire, but now they wait for a national headline and people die before it's important enough to look into.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 11:14 PM

In the US this is all the more apparent. Trump made a stand against the news reporters as soon as he took office for good reason. CNN is now being investigated as people are so fed up of 'false news'. The people in charge of various media have an agenda of their own. One big cartel of like minded individuals. Thing is though they have cried wolf too many times ...

Project Veritas Undercover Investigation: CNN Producer Admits Network Hyping ‘Mostly Bullsh*t’ Trump-Russia Scandal for ‘Ratings’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...l-for-ratings/

Project Veritas Investigation: CNN’s Van Jones Appears to Call Russia Controversy a ‘Big Nothing Burger’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...othing-burger/

It stinks to high heaven. If you want to dig deeper then take a look at who the CEO is - Jeff Zucker ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker

Now why is he pushing the Russia hatred false news agenda? It sells papers? I don't think so.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top