Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Existence

Here's an imponderable. On this site, as indeed on many others, we can see who is currently logged in.

If you click onto another tab on your windows explorer so this screen is no longer in sight, are you still logged onto here in real time?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Re: Existence

I'm not, when I return I have to refresh the page to update back to real time..... I think...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Here's an imponderable. On this site, as indeed on many others, we can see who is currently logged in.

If you click onto another tab on your windows explorer so this screen is no longer in sight, are you still logged onto here in real time?

I have just opened two other tabs Dex, and I was still logged in here. Is that what you meant?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:31 AM

I'm always logged in, no matter what. I even sleep on the forum. When I wake up the moderators serve breakfast. Best forum ever.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I'm always logged in, no matter what. I even sleep on the forum. When I wake up the moderators serve breakfast. Best forum ever.

Aha, gotcha. So it's you who keeps drinking all the tea and leaving your dirty dishes on the table is it!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just opened two other tabs Dex, and I was still logged in here. Is that what you meant?
When you open a tab then that becomes the active one and that screen becomes visible. In the meantime, the forum tab is put on hold, in which case you are no longer on it in real time?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:52 AM

No ma'am, I always clean up after myself. Just ask all of my spouses and girlfriends.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
No ma'am, I always clean up after myself. Just ask all of my spouses and girlfriends.

Ah, my mistake then Plopsy. Are you house trained as well?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-06-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

Yes you are. You are only putting another page over the top of your first page. Even if you open another two or three tabs, they're all still there and active. I think that's how it works.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, my mistake then Plopsy. Are you house trained as well?
Sorry Mupsy, I don't know what that means, house trained, please explain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top