Join for free
Page 45 of 65 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Thank goodness she was alright !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
All this grief for a bit of decorating and a couple of new floorboards, ye godz talk about drama i tell you they dont make women like they used too.

Sneaks off and hides.. snigggggggggggher

Many more wise cracks like that Nomkins, and there will be no where you can hide where I won't find you!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Goodness Mups...my heart was in my mouth! Hope she has no after effects.

Yes you truly are going through an endurance test. You'll have a brand new house by the end of it all!

Keep yer chin up gel! Sending a hug, just in case you need it.

I know Jazzi, she just had a silly, carefree 30 seconds and wallop - nearly broke her back. Terrible fright.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thank goodness she was alright !

I am now wondering whether to get her checked over tomorrow anyway, just incase.
Just because she is not limping, and she ate all her tea, I am a bit worried incase there is any internal bleeding.
What do you think?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2017, 09:02 PM

Today's problems didn't end with Gertie either.

I said yesterday about the bad screeding all needing to come up.
Well when the chap chipped it all off today, he found another dodgy un-primed layer underneath.
He took all that up too.

Underneath that layer he found dodgy tiles.
He took all those up.

Underneath those dodgy tiles, he found a 4th layer - more tiles.
He took those up too.

So when we all came back home tonight expecting the new screed to be dry enough to walk on and get our tea, what we found was a new soaking wet floor that had only just been laid due to what he'd had to do first!

Now I am worried the insurance won't cover that. They might say all those bodged layers were nothing to do with the subsidence claim.

I'm almost at my wit's end this week, but I must hang on, we're nearly there now.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Today's problems didn't end with Gertie either.

I said yesterday about the bad screeding all needing to come up.
Well when the chap chipped it all off today, he found another dodgy un-primed layer underneath.
He took all that up too.

Underneath that layer he found dodgy tiles.
He took all those up.

Underneath those dodgy tiles, he found a 4th layer - more tiles.
He took those up too.

So when we all came back home tonight expecting the new screed to be dry enough to walk on and get our tea, what we found was a new soaking wet floor that had only just been laid due to what he'd had to do first!

Now I am worried the insurance won't cover that. They might say all those bodged layers were nothing to do with the subsidence claim.

I'm almost at my wit's end this week, but I must hang on, we're nearly there now.
Sorry to hear about Gertie. Go with what you think is best for both or you re taking her to the vets if it will stop you worrying.

And, hold on to that last thought... 'nearly there now!'

Oh and one last thing.... stock up... we want cakes and booze all round to celebrate when it's all done!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 09:26 PM

It may be still wet but I bet that nice new level floor was a welcome sight wasn't it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am now wondering whether to get her checked over tomorrow anyway, just incase.
Just because she is not limping, and she ate all her tea, I am a bit worried incase there is any internal bleeding.
What do you think?
She sounds ok. Doesn't she have a nice thick coat that might have cushioned her fall?

Does she have any of these symptoms? :
https://www.cuteness.com/article/int...g-dog-symptoms

Poor thing and what a fright for you too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
She sounds ok. Doesn't she have a nice thick coat that might have cushioned her fall?

Does she have any of these symptoms? :
https://www.cuteness.com/article/int...g-dog-symptoms

Poor thing and what a fright for you too!

Thanks very much for that Annie.
It is such a dreadful mess here, it is like living in Steptoe's yard at the moment, but I think I know where my doggie thermometer is, so I will take her temperature tonight, and check her wee & poo in daylight tomorrow too.
Thanks again. x

And thank you to everyone else who has commented.
I'm very grateful for your opinions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-09-2017, 09:06 AM

I had Gertie in with me to sleep last night so I would hear if she was in trouble, but little monkey wouldn't stay in her bed, she wanted me.
I was so tired so gave in in the end and let her curl up with me, and she was blissfully content and didn't move till this morning. Her temperature was normal last night.

I rang my vet just after 8 o/clock to double check for advice and to ask whether they ought to see her, and they said her gums would show if there was any internal bleeding and she would probably be off her food and quiet.

Thank God she seems alright.
She is quiet, but she gets worried by all the noise and builders in and out, but I'm fairly confident she will be alright. I love that little dog, so it was all very frightening.

The flooring men have arrived and are just putting a layer of Latex down
It is a quick drying one apparently, because they have got to get the vinyl down today as well, because the storage people are due to return my furniture late p.m.

Page 45 of 65 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top