Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 05:58 AM

Waving Hello from Across the Atlantic

Hello, all! I am happy to be here and look forward to "meeting" all of you. Aside from tutoring an astronomy student here and there, I am mostly retired and spend my time surfing, running, paddleboarding, cycling, oil painting, and hiking. This week I am home taking care of a dog that was about to be euthanized but was saved by a rescue organization that convinced me to take him because of his sad past. Currently, he is recovering from surgery for a missing eyeball and a horribly broken elbow, but he has also signs of mistreatment and neglect. There's seemingly never a dull moment at my house but I find myself home quite a bit these days and interested in joining you in conversation. I am looking forward to your company!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 06:18 AM

Re: Waving Hello from Across the Atlantic

Hello Surfermom and welcome.

I understand your need to be home a lot, because I have 5 cats, one of which has asthma, so I stay home a lot in case he needs his inhaler.

Good luck with the dog, and I am sure you will enjoy chatting here.... even though we are all a bit mad!
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 07:07 AM

Welcome from me too Surfer mom, and good on you for helping that poor dog, xx
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Hello and welcome from me too
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Good morning darlin' and welcome.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 08:30 AM

Hello Surfermom welcome...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Hello Surfermom a very warm welcome to Over50sForum...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Hi Surfermum and welcome to the forum. With your compassion for animals, you should fit in here nicely.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:55 AM

Help Surfermom.....

I'm being held captive and drugged by a bunch of old (Mature) forum presiders, as soon as I wake in the mornings I have to logon to the forum, and again in the evenings....Mrs Fox has warned that she will leave me if I can't kick the habit, I've tried twitter and facebook to wean myself off, but to no avail, I always have to come back here.....I hope you realise what you are letting yourself in for....

Seriously though......Welcome to the forum Surfermom...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Help Surfermom.....

I'm being held captive and drugged by a bunch of old (Mature) forum presiders, as soon as I wake in the mornings I have to logon to the forum, and again in the evenings....Mrs Fox has warned that she will leave me if I can't kick the habit, I've tried twitter and facebook to wean myself off, but to no avail, I always have to come back here.....I hope you realise what you are letting yourself in for....

Seriously though......Welcome to the forum Surfermom...
You need to Google Forum Rehabilitation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top