Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Safety humps

I believe in safety humps they are cheap and do stop people speeding .
Now they want to rip them up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40788674
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:04 AM

Re: Safety humps

Me too. I hate them but I wouldn't want the casualty numbers to rise.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:36 AM

They damage suspensions, particularly those idiots who charge over them at speed. Councils are having to pay compensation to motorists whose car had to be repaired. Most important, the massive pollution emitted when revving up to accelerate away....
Some residents have bumping noises 24 hours a day if close by one. Honest John of the D Telegraph has been campaigning against them for years......
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:38 AM

The humps they have on the estate where I live, are either side of the road, and so narrow that even the smallest car can straddle them. They are no use whatsoever.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Speed bumps are usually there for safety of children. I know they are sometimes used in area's where speeding black spots are, but to remove them for such a stupid reason is ridiculous. There are other ways that air pollution could be reduced surely.
I live on a road with a large school virtually next door and also a park. We have 3 sets of traffic calming measures so that vehicles travelling towards the school and park have to give way to traffic coming the opposite way.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:54 AM

I used to think they'd be a good idea here. There are a few drivers who go up & down our road like bats out of hell, but now I think a big flashy notice with 30 & a flashing slow down would be better. Subaru drivers are the worst.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top