Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 12:56 AM

I need a music player advice needed please

I have to explain that I'm not a techie first of all
I listen to lots of music on YouTube. I believe you can download music from YouTube by using a site that converts YouTube videos into MP3 files. If I do that using a PC what do I need to buy to download music onto so that

(a) I will be able to listen to the music on headphones while out walking

(b) I can buy a smallish stereo speaker and plug the machine you are going to recommend so I can listen in the car as well
Obviously so it has a decent volume as I like to listen to music in the car LOUD.

OR maybe instead of speaker for car
If I download said MP3 files onto my PC I suppose I could copy onto a CD instead ??? as car has CD player already, but would still need a machine to play music while out walking.
Thank you
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 02:01 AM

Re: I need a music player advice needed please

Your phone will play MP3 files or you can buy an MP3 player for a few dollars.

Put your MP3s on a CD and you can play it in your car - hours of it.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Your phone will play MP3 files or you can buy an MP3 player for a few dollars.

Put your MP3s on a CD and you can play it in your car - hours of it.
Job to find a car with a cd player now,edit I see the op mentioned having one.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Job to find a car with a cd player now,edit I see the op mentioned having one.
You can buy mine if you like. It's 11 years old and has a couple of things wrong with it but the CD player works very well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 10:45 AM

I'm not a fan of Apple but I occasionally download onto an ipod which has a speaker dock. The music can be played on the ipod or your computer and can also be recoded onto a CD and played in the car.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 01:07 PM

I use FireFox browser with an add-on that allows me to download and save videos in the MP4 format. I then use VLC media player to `rip` (copy) the audio from the video and save it as MP3.

The MP3 will play directly from any MP3 player - (mine is an 8Gb Sony Walkman from Argos. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5538182) but other models of different prices are available. To copy MP3s onto the player, simply plug the player into a spare USB port which will show up as an external hard drive, then drag and drop your files onto the player.

Does your car have a USB slot in the CD player? If so, you can download your MP3s to a USB key and simply plug it in.

If you want to save the music onto CDs so they can be played in CD players you will need the appropriate `burner` software (usually pre-installed on your PC) to do the job for you. The burner will convert the MP3s to WAV format. There is a limit to how many WAV format music files that can be stored on a DVD, 10 being the average.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 08:54 PM

Thank you for your replies
I think the Argos MP3 player looks good so I may go for that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top