Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Cyclist says it was victims fault

A cyclist , who was riding with no front brakes [ an offence ] ,think he was on the pavement , report didnt say ,and hit/ killed a woman pedestrian, blamed his victim, he said she saw me but didnt move out of my way,she should have moved, so its her fault she got hit
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:23 PM

Re: Cyclist says it was victims fault

Beggars belief doesn't it?
As I understand it, he was on the road on a bike without brakes and she was hit crossing the road.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7893446.html

In a legal first, Alliston is on trial at the Old Bailey for her manslaughter, as well as charged under the 1861 Offences Against the Person Act of causing bodily harm to Mrs Briggs by "wanton or furious driving".

The court heard Alliston was riding a "fixie", a fixed wheel track bicycle with no front break, which is not legal on the road.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:28 PM

I have just read the report again in the Metro,the woman was crossing the road and if hed had front brakes he would have been able to stop
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:30 PM

I do a lot of driving and quite frankly despair of cyclists - I find them to be largely pedantic self righteous planks, who almost want a pedestrian or motorist to make a mistake so they can have a condescending rant.

They'd be wise not to do it with me though, they'd likely get a slap.......
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:38 PM

I know of a girl who rode a fixed wheel bike, she went over the handlebars and died of head injuries. Those bikes are lethal.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:48 PM

He sounds like a right arrogant bastard. Get him jailed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:54 PM

I was really upset to read this story today. The guy is typical of some of the psycho cyclists I've met - the one that pulled off my wing mirror, the one that jumped into the road waving her arms and yelling. Something takes over some people once they get on a bike. Maybe it's like the jogging guy - they go into some exercise trance. They go right through red lights but expect you to jump out of the way. They should all be licensed. People should not be allowed on a bike on the road without passing a special test.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:06 PM

What an arrogant little sh**.

I hope they throw the book at him . Its always this anti social minority be it cyclists, motorists , joggers or dog owners who give the majority a bad name.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Folks should not be allowed on a bike, who, cannot pull a wheelie, in a controlled fashion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:13 PM

I'd like to see cyclists pay road tax like drivers, the amount of cycle lanes they require bug don't stick to are being paid for by rest of us. Also insurance so they pay for damage and accidents they cause.

This particular case I'd put him in prison for about 15 years !

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top