Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Re: IMMIGRATION And BREXIT

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Surely every country must look out for what is best for its own citizens ?
The uk never seems to...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Surely every country must look out for what is best for its own citizens ?
A Federal State where certainly some are more disadvantaged than others.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The uk never seems to...
It would be nice at times to hear a bit of patriotism and support for this country.
Maybe it can be explained why so many want to come here to live and work.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:06 AM

For me, immigration was low on the agenda for leaving the EU.

The unfettered antics of the EU was my main reason for voting to leave Union. It strikes me that the Common Market we originally joined was seen by a number of narcissists as an opportunity to create a power base with which to elevate their status within that community.

What we have now is a naked ambition for a few people to rule a European state, with each country becoming a region within that state. That has finally been admitted by Juncker and his cronies.

If you take that scenario to its logical conclusion, we could then do away with Parliament altogether and have the local councils implementing the behest of the EU council.

What really gets my goat is the traitorous elites who allowed our current situation to happen.

It is to my eternal delight that when the little people of the UK quietly spoke, their roar went round the world, blindsiding not only Europe, but the smarmy elites of this country, who thought they knew what was best for us.

What doesn't surprise me is the high profile remainers trying to desperately protect their income with their fearful prophesies of catastrophic doom.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:15 AM

Puddle Duck, I agree with most of what you say, but I didn't think Germany were the problem, I think it was the whole idea of the EU becoming one big country, made up of states ( which would have been it's existing member countries)!

It could never have been fair to all states, and I don't think the British government had shown any strength when dealing with the EU. The reason I voted to leave is because our MPs needed a kick up the behind to remind them what the people of this country want!

Better immigration controls would have helped, but I also didn't want to be a state, of a big country, and embarrassed that the people in control of our state were not up to the job of getting us a fair deal!

You can't get into Australia if you are old, don't have the work experience they need, or have enough money to provide for your own needs, that is why they have good immigration control, but they are just one country who look after the needs of their own people. The EU were looking to become another USA, and we have all seen the problems that a large county like that struggle to deal with
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:25 AM

I voted out and immigration was only a small reason for doing so. Being part of an organisation that was reducing us too Borg was not for me, each individual country has things to offer the whole, why not celebrate the difference and make sure all can benefit, a common market yes Fedral Europe no.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by nom ->
i voted out and immigration was only a small reason for doing so. Being part of an organisation that was reducing us too borg was not for me, each individual country has things to offer the whole, why not celebrate the difference and make sure all can benefit, a common market yes fedral europe no.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

16-08-2017, 11:26 AM

Over time, I have watched various political interviews, European Parliament videos, differing opinions etc. The governments never disclose what really goes on, and I assume that is due to some sort of control order from the EU.
People like Alan Goldspan, ex Governor of the Bank of England , Mervyn King, Nigel Farage and Yanis varoufakis to name a few.

Nigel Farage battled constantly in the EU Parliament , and verbally showed up all the pitfalls and underhanded processes that go on in his speeches there. They didn't like it one bit because he was too close to the truth.

Yanis Varoufakis does in fact blow the whistle on how some of the EU works. He is a Marxist of which I am no follower but his opinions and political sway has no doubt been a result of the Greek history over the last few decades. So everyone has their own personal agenda.
He does however, make it absolutely plain how the EU operates and manipulates mainly in the hands of the three amigos, and he makes sense .

If you have time watch this interview , he does explain a lot of how things work for or against (don't think much of the interviewer , but that's another thing. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt82RFfg3U
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Hi

EU Immigration was not an issue for me, what was the cruncher for me was Merkel unilaterally opening the floodgates to Economic Migrants and then dictating that each EU Member had to take a share of the ones she did not want.

I know of many people who voted out on the issue of immigration, however we need to look at the facts.

We have far more non EU Immigration which we could control now.

We choose not to.

EU Immigration is also easily controlled.

Germany and France do not have the same issues as the UK does with EU Immigration.

Why?

Our Benefits System, the root of all our problems.

Germany currently has this going through.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...iming-benefits

Anyone who thinks that stopping EU Immigration is going to result in big pay rises and them becoming better off is barking up the wrong tree.

Employers will simply get round it by putting more jobs on contract.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:13 PM

But we were not being governed and told what to do by Germany Britain had a seat at the table with other countries, able to put forward our views Now we will no longer be able to sit at this table ,we will be a little Country alone isolated. Who will we trade with ,how can we compete with the Euro market/With so many countries offering goods they will be able to offer a better ,cheaper deal than our little country can, what can we offer that the Euro market cant ?.
We will always have immigration ,always have for 1000 of years, whoever we trade with will want their people to be allowed to work and live here.Many good safety regulations came from Europe.I.E food colouring, fire safety on furniture

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top