Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:21 PM

Legalise cannabis to end 'free market anarchy', says Sir Vince Cable

So I've turned to the news and what do you know, there's a debate about this.

The pros- it would reduce drug crime and it would generate in excess of £1bn
the cons- it could increase the levels of psychosis in our society

What do you think? Would you buy it if it was legal?

http://news.sky.com/story/sir-vince-...nabis-11000508
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:26 PM

Re: Legalise cannabis to end 'free market anarchy', says Sir Vince Cable

Even more fools would fry their brains.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:49 PM

I rarely agree with Purs but in this case I concur.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:56 PM

Naturally occurring cannabis (cannabis sativa) is less damaging than smoking or alcohol and can be beneficial in some circumstances, that's why you can get it on prescription for pain relief. The real danger is `skunk` which is a manufactured hybrid strain of cannabis sativa and cannabis indica and is known to cause psychosis in certain cases if used excessively.

I can't see a problem with legalising natural cannabis and selling at at recognised outlets as they do in Holland.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:58 PM

It's a mind altering substance and cannabis users often progress to hard drugs.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's a mind altering substance
So is booze...and causes more anti social behaviour and deaths than pot ever did.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
So is booze...and causes more anti social behaviour and deaths than pot ever did.
And no I've never had drugs in my life......
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 10:25 PM

When I tried cannabis it used to give me terrible nightmares, but I have heard that it is supposed to help some people with problems with chronic pain and other health problems.
If that is the only use and it is prescribed and regulated I think I could live with that but to use for purely recreational use definitely not. It does have side effects and if used recreationally can open the door to other drug experimentation. Making cannabis available will not sort out the problem but only lead onto more.

I don't agree that drugs in any other shape or form should be allowed and every effort made to stop their sale and use, which we don't do hard enough at all. Drug use wrecks the lives of users and their families

After my first wife and I separated I met someone who I really fell for but she was always penniless and told me that she had debts. It wasn't till we moved in together that I found out she was using heroin. Big argument, I left, she kept telling me she was going to get clean if I went back and helped her so I did sorting out her methadone doses etc.
Lasted for a while then she started using again and encouraged me to try. At the time I was in a bad place and heroin takes all that away and wraps you in cotton wool. Next thing she was doing heroin and crack cocaine and things went from bad to worse.
In the end I left and never went back or I know I would have ended up a bad smackhead just like her.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's a mind altering substance and cannabis users often progress to hard drugs.
Depends on how much THC (the psychoactive component) is present in the product. Cannabis Sativa has very little in comparison to skunk and the myth that cannabis users graduate to harder drugs was debunked many years ago.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Even more fools would fry their brains.
Might bring in more votes for Labour then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top