Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 05:50 AM

Re: Are Your Passwords Safe?

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
Bruce
Whenever I log in, I keep getting the message 'password not secure' that it could be hacked as this website has not got 'https//:' in front of www. What can I do about it?

Or can anyone else answer my question?
As some one else said if it is for this site then ignore as long as this is not the same password that you use for your banking what is the worst that can happen?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ooh I don't know
Have I erred?
No, I thought you were telling us your password.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
As some one else said if it is for this site then ignore as long as this is not the same password that you use for your banking what is the worst that can happen?
Having had an incident in the past, I worry about Identity theft.

I refuse to do online banking, I still go into the high street bank. Hopefully, it will keep it open and employ people rather than robots. Thankyou for your reply.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Likewise, I am on firefox and haven't had it before except for this site.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Heatherbelle ->
You might want to have a look at this site:
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Why? How do you know that is not a Phishing site?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 04:42 AM

Mine are in my head so probably not safe at all have to admit I get muddled with them sometimes and try to open Facebook with my email password and vice versa.

I reckon remembering passwords is good brain excersise
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:32 AM

I have so many passwords that I use a password manager:

https://www.roboform.com/

RoboForm remembers your passwords so you don't have to. Just remember your one Master Password and RoboForm remembers the rest. It's that easy! Our bookmark-style Logins automatically log you in to your favorite websites with one click.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:32 AM

I rarely change my passwords, use three different ones on different sites. They always consist of a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top