Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:28 AM

Angry rant I'm afraid

Why do some with large dogs not realise that not all dogs want there giant clowns to play with them. I've got an appointment now to take Betty, little 5lb betty to the vet to see if her jaw is broken or not, she's certainly lost several teeth !

Huge Labrador cross dashed across the road picked her up and shook her then dashed her against the fence along side the road.

Nathan wrestled her out of the dogs mouth while the idiot woman "walking" it bleated it's never done that before !

I don't care how often it's happened it shouldn't happen at all ever, keep your dog under control ! Mines on a lead minding her own business !

I really could swear at the idiot.

Nathan got her address she's getting the bill for this.

It was lucky Nathan was walking her if I'd been there I'm not sure I have strength to tackle another dog ! Not that I should have to if people just used a tenth of their brain cells.

Some people should own dogs IMO the dog was only playing doesn't mean it's ok that it does this.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:36 AM

Re: Angry rant I'm afraid

Omg.. I hope your little one is ok. Did you get the persons details?. You should report this to your dog warden if you have one.
After my recent run in with bitey dog and owner several people have mentioned that they have also had problems with the same dog... Now if only they had reported it.....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:37 AM

I understand your anger Julie, this happened to Alfie with a Rottweiler, and coincidentally that dog had never done it before either....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:38 AM

That's a good idea as it wasn't an attack as such I hadn't thought of it but even if it warns this dog is not under control it might help others. Yes I'll do that, just off to vet so I'll do it afterwards.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Sorry to hear that Julie, I had a similar experience a few weeks back.
I had my friends Jack Russel sitting on my lap and a Staffy came out of nowhere and before I knew what was happening had got poor little Diva's head in it's mouth. This was outside a pub where in my opinion all dogs should be on the lead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Julie, I hope Betty is ok and any damage can be mended. The dog could have turned on Nathan, whilst he was trying to save Betty, and action would then have been taken with the owner!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Oh crikey, I feel for every one of you that have had horrific experiences with large dogs attacking your little dogs.

I take my two little boys to the park every morning but I can't say I enjoy the walk to and from there. I am a bag of nerves if I see someone en-route heading towards me, nonchalantly strolling along with their dog off the lead. I'm so worried that I have actually been shouting over to them to please put their dog on its lead. (not very ladylike I know), but I get so frightened that the loose dog will attack one or both of my little dogs. With my health and age now, I know I wouldn't be able to pick them both up to protect them and fend off the dog trying to attack them.

Now my two sweeties haven't got a mean bone in their bodies. They think every other dog is as happy as they are.
In their 13 months on this earth, all they have ever known is play time, feeding time and cuddle time. I never ever let them off the lead unless he who must obey is with me and we are in an open space with very little risk of other dogs being around. If we do see someone with another dog, we immediately put them both on their leads. So why don't other people have the same consideration?

The worse time is in the evening when he who must obey takes them for their last walk for the day, down the road to the open parkland. The signs specifically state that all dogs must be kept on a lead, but do they? NO! he has to have eyes in the back of his head as people stroll in from the two entrances both ends of the park with their dogs bounding ahead of them off their leads. (mind you, he who must obey is not slow in telling them to put their dog on their lead), but I still worry about my boys getting attacked. The last word I always say to him is "Take care of my babies!!".

It's a sad state of affairs when people who think they only have to call their dog to heel for the dog to obey, then witness their mutt attacking another person's pet, with the words "he's never done that before!!"

I wish they would make it a criminal offense!
I keep thinking back to what happened to my nephews sweet little Highland Terrier, Bailey. He had a huge open wound in his side after being attacked by a Staffie, months of worry, expense and recovery, plus increased premiums!! all because of another selfish, careless dog owner.

I do hope your little dog Betty will be okay Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-08-2017, 01:04 PM

I've had to leave her with the vet, she's lost four bottom teeth and five top teeth all at the front, and he's worried her jaw may be cracked, he's going to sedate her and X-ray her, it was impossible to do while she was awake as she's so upset, I couldn't get her to hold still for him. She's usually so good but I think this hurts so much she doesn't want to let anyone touch it.

He's pretty sure it's not a complete break which is good news. But she's likely to be on soft food for a while so I'm busy before she gets home making some chicken soup and cheesy macaroni liquidised, both things she loves if they are whole so I'm hoping the taste will attracted her when is liquidised.

I didn't realise until we got in the car she had cut on her tummy too we had thought the blood was from the mouth, but he's going to put a couple of stitches in that too.

He's a lovely vet I've rarely seen him angry but he was beside himself today because she's a gentle soul not one they have to worry will bite them or fight.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:14 PM

Hi

I despair of some dog owners.

Ii do not however believe it is the dogs fault, it is the owners.

I was walking Jane's dog, a Norfolk Terrier , when it was attacked by a much bigger dog, Katie was on a lead, the other dog wasn't.

I seperated them and rescued her.

It's owner, a tattooed lout, a real gobby git, got the kicking, not the dog.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:17 PM

How awful, I hope Betty doesn´t suffer any long term trauma from such a terrifying event. In my opinion all dogs should be on leads when out of their own property, for the safety of the dogs as well as the safety of other people and their dogs. Any dog, no matter how well trained can react to a sudden fright, loud noise, being scared by another dog or person, then just take off and run. Probably across a road, getting run over, causing an accident, running until it is lost, anything.

The law here states that all dogs must be on leads when out in public, but of course very many people take no notice at all. Whenever cases of problems with dogs are reported in the newspapers, none of them have ever "done this before" !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top