Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Re: Angry rant I'm afraid

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes thankfully as there was another little Jack Russell being walked, the lab was pulling and dragging her though it's one strong dog !

It's about time we had laws cover this sort of thing, if it had bitten Nathan we could have had the police involved, but dog on dog isn't considered anything at all, unless it's a guide dog, obviously very serious if a guide dog is hurt but to me any dog should be able to walk safely around our streets.

Yes, I posted about the law regarding dog and dog and guide dogs earlier.

As you say, any dog should be able to walk along with its owner without being attacked as well though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Not a good walk this morning I had Betty she's not allowed to walk much because of her tummy so I had her in a sling and Nathan had Elsie, I just realised how much better she walks with him ! Anyway each dog we saw Betty withdrew into the scarf and wouldn't come out until it had gone.

I can see this has affected her more than I was hoping.

She's usually the confident walker and wants to get down if a dog approaches.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:31 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Betty Julie.
It's a shame you can't take legal action against the other owner - not just let them off lightly with paying the vets bills!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:33 AM

It's sad our laws don't cover dogs or even cats from what I can see. A cat locally was torn apart by two staffies the poor lady had no redress in law at all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not a good walk this morning I had Betty she's not allowed to walk much because of her tummy so I had her in a sling and Nathan had Elsie, I just realised how much better she walks with him ! Anyway each dog we saw Betty withdrew into the scarf and wouldn't come out until it had gone.

I can see this has affected her more than I was hoping.

She's usually the confident walker and wants to get down if a dog approaches.
Such a shame. Hope the trauma isn't long lasting.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top