Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 03:33 PM

Re: That's it...I'm out of here!

Dark nights and baseball bats are a good cure-all for gestapo like bods, I've found.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 04:15 PM

Often happens people get enthused then give up, the size of an allotment can be quite daunting. Round here they insist you take a whole one when many people could really only manage half. We fed six all year off ours goodness knows what a single person can do with all that produce.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 05:42 PM

It's true the fun has gone out of it all. And MC may be right, but to be honest? I would much rather go away on holiday and short trips, and not have to worry about stuff that needs caring for, or watering.

I've wondered about the vendetta, or making life awkward for me, and would hazard a guess wheelchair bitch has instigated this, or is behind it.. Her husband has made the doors very difficult to open now, so she couldn't do it.

With what goes on, like Lynda doing things without 'asking', and now this new directive/request with regards to the GH, I do feel hemmed in by controllers, as one person suggested. Maggie doesn't have a bad bone in her body, so I can't accept the idea that she started it.

I also feel that they have discussed me at the committee meeting, because they know a lot of my stuff is in there. I repeat, because the GH has a padlock on the doors, it is the only secure place to put my stuff, but it shouldn't impact on other users. What I may end up doing is getting my stuff out and not using the bloody thing at all.

Wouldn't it be lovely to get rid of all my stuff eventually and one day just say, as in the title 'that's it...I'm outa here!'
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 06:22 PM

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 09:55 PM

It sounds awful Jazzi.... I would be tempted to walk away and tell 'em all to get stuffed - you've got better things to do with your life than put up with a load of bitchy kids who seem to want to stab you in the back.

Isn't it meant to be stress free and a joy to be able to get out in the fresh air, grow things and enjoy the process?
It obviously isn't, so maybe you have to ask yourself do you really want the stress?

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 11:25 PM

Well, I now have the official email from the Chair, asking that all bulky items be removed. Ooops, I nearly swore there!

It's been addressed to all users of the GH but it's clearly meant for me. Should be fun for me over the next few days, eh? And it very pointedly warned not to store anything in the other sheds. They are sticking the knife in, and twisting it. My penalty for leaving the committee, I think.

The email regarding return of the cup hasn't been mentioned so they can bleeding well come and collect it. I'm not reminding them again.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

24-08-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
It sounds awful Jazzi.... I would be tempted to walk away and tell 'em all to get stuffed - you've got better things to do with your life than put up with a load of bitchy kids who seem to want to stab you in the back.

Isn't it meant to be stress free and a joy to be able to get out in the fresh air, grow things and enjoy the process?
It obviously isn't, so maybe you have to ask yourself do you really want the stress?

Like I said, I'll remove the stuff...so my home will now have to accommodate my larger tools, and maybe the netting, which is expensive, and I'll just leave cheaper stuff in that unit. Oh well, car boots here I come!

And I'll walk away when my crops are finished. I won't spend any more money.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 11:48 PM

What a sad ending to what has been a big part of your life.

I was thinking what if you could get a plot that had a shed - or that a shed could be errected on? You wouldn't have anymore bother then and eventually things would settle as they always do...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

25-08-2017, 07:33 AM

The problem with getting another plot, Carol, is I don't know how many are available to rent, and what condition. They are likely to be overgrown and therefore I'd need to start all over again. I believe our waiting list is closed. Even the council don't really know who rents what, as their database is not up to date!! Remember when my neighbour and I took over that big plot, the woman who was then the officer, hadn't updated her records, so from August to around March (or whenever I checked why we hadn't received an invoice), it was showing as vacant. There has been a time, only recently, when people returned to their plot to see somebody else working on it, having been given it by the council! Ooops.

I can't see me wanting to start afresh on a new plot, if it's overgrown and needs hard work. I know they have been showing would be renters around.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Jazzi.

If it's causing you so much grief, walk away. Life's too short to worry about the Garden Gestapo.
Good advice .
They sound like the sort to avoid like the plague .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top