Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Dog chases courier

Is this not taking things a little too far?

I know we quite rightly must clamp down hard on dangerous dogs, but surely this is a bit OTT.

I have just read about about 7 police arrived in 5 cop cars at a pensioner's home in Kensington, London, to seize her 10 year old Yorkshire Terrier!!

The dog was said to have chased a delivery man, who fell down 'screaming in terror'. He claimed the dog was trying to kill him. He was left with a scratched wrist.

The lady owner, 73, said her next door neighbour told the bloke "not to be such a p*ssy." She reckoned he grazed his wrist when he fell and just wanted some time off work.

The police took the little dog away, and have confirmed he is in kennels now, and could be put down.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Re: Dog chases courier

Two things come to mind one even a small dog should be under control and two the police responded to a repot the dog was a collie or bigger so I can see their side of it too.

I'm sad she's lost her dog, sad for the dog but if I have kept my small dogs under control so can she. Some people are just plain scared of dogs no matter what size.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 02:07 PM

I agee a dog is a dog but this tiny dog taken away when it didn't bite yet many really dangerous dogs are left to terrorize whole neighborhoods.
No wonder people are loosing faith in the police force.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 02:30 PM

I agree but if seems to depend who reports it, when my husband was a milkman unigate were awful just said get on with it, police never took any notice of the milk men and women reporting bites, but post office was great took every report seriously so police acted quickly on each report. I know it angered the milk deliverers a lot.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 03:08 PM

I tend to keep my dog in until after the postie has been, or if I am waiting for a delivery. The rest of the time she has access to the garden to come and go as she pleases. Being a small dog, she is very yappy and goes beserk if anyone comes, but in actual fact she loves people and is not the slightest bit aggressive.

However, she scares many callers, who refuse to come through the gate, which sometimes is a very good thing. Living alone I feel she does act as a deterrent, if not just for the noise value!

At least in this area the police would not even bother to turn up if anyone complained, they dont even respond to a crime such as burglary.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Two things come to mind one even a small dog should be under control and two the police responded to a repot the dog was a collie or bigger so I can see their side of it too.

I'm sad she's lost her dog, sad for the dog but if I have kept my small dogs under control so can she. Some people are just plain scared of dogs no matter what size.

The report I read didn't say anything about that Julie?
Who on earth could mistake a Yorkie for a Collie (or bigger)?

I do agree that small dogs should be under control as well though.

What I can't understand is the bloke saying it was trying to kill him! Can't imagine a 10 yr old Yorkie leaping 6ft in the air and getting him by the throat somehow.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Two things went through my mind either he was phobic when you are it can seem odd to others or he was after a pay out which is easier if you can convince people your life was in danger.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Two things went through my mind either he was phobic when you are it can seem odd to others or he was after a pay out which is easier if you can convince people your life was in danger.

I agree. It could be either.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-08-2017, 03:20 PM

By the way the collie info was in the news report I read the other day, they went into more detail.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 03:56 PM

The report I read said the lady asked him to leave the parcel as her dog got very excited with people. When she opened the door the dog ran out, he was still there. He turned and ran falling over on the way.

Like you Julie, I think he is after a payout. I don't see his life being in danger from a Yorkshire Terrier even if the dog bit him unless it had rabies.

Also, even if it had been a collie, I do not understand why the police sent 2 dog units of 7 policemen, when they complain about being so short of manpower.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top