Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Re: Boris says we should pay EU Bill.

I think we can do better than Boris, and Hammond for that matter.

I believe we should put more competent people in place in the Cabinet (like JRM for example), but perhaps TM has another agenda. I'm beginning to lose confidence in her, to be honest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:44 PM

I heard BJ being interviewed on the today programme this morning .
I guess it is down to how we interpret what is said...
BJ basically said we will meet our legal obligations and no more when it comes to payments to the EU on our departure.

I am sure he still thinks the EU can 'go whistle' for the exorbitant eye watering amounts of money that have been mentioned in some quarters.

If I had a choice in the matter I too would say 'go whistle' you have had enough out of us over the years, but taking into account how the integrity of the country might be viewed by new trading partners I would resist that urge.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I heard BJ being interviewed on the today programme this morning .
I guess it is down to how we interpret what is said...
BJ basically said we will meet our legal obligations and no more when it comes to payments to the EU on our departure.

I am sure he still thinks the EU can 'go whistle' for the exorbitant eye watering amounts of money that have been mentioned in some quarters.

If I had a choice in the matter I too would say 'go whistle' you have had enough out of us over the years, but taking into account how the integrity of the country might be viewed by new trading partners I would resist that urge.
If I had a choice in the matter, I'd just walk and let them come running to us when the penny drops.

I realise that I leave myself open to criticism, but I don't care. We should just walk, and I'm not alone in that opinion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If I had a choice in the matter, I'd just walk and let them come running to us when the penny drops.

I realise that I leave myself open to criticism, but I don't care. We should just walk, and I'm not alone in that opinion.
Hi

I am in favour of paying them legally what we have to, no more.

I am not convinced by the view that if we just leave they will come running, we will have to wait and see.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I thought we were not a member of Schengen.

We hear so many contradictions these days that it's difficult to be sure exactly what is happening in these 'negotiations'.

As for Boris, I don't take much notice of what he says.
That's how I feel. So much to be entered into and no final anything yet. One newspaper says one thing another says another. We can all blow our own trumpets, but clearly nothing is in black and white, only certain criteria have been submitted and we can guess until the cows come home.
So long as we leave that dreadful and controlling 'organisation' I don't care.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:59 PM

So is there any point to any of this fiasco?

We may as well have joined schengen because we have always acted as though we are in the zone...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 01:05 PM

As a matter of interest does anyone know how much we , as a nation, have contributed to the exuberant building such as the EU parliament which represents the tower of Babel.

There are a fare few about and it does make one wonder how much has been contributed from each nation. Maybe we could sell our share to the next unsuspecting country to be dragged in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Hi

One of the papers the UK Government has published this week is about Confidentiality.

Our Government wants all agreements and discussions we had when we were in the EU to remain confidential and not to be released by the EU.

This, to my mind, stinks to high heaven.

We will never find out what we have signed up for previously as regards future and past financial commitments.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Aww I think he's lovely, such a twinkle in his eye.
He is the male equivalent to a bimbo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 01:57 PM

I think a visit to specsavers is in order.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top