Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Re: The EU will come running if we just leave.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
God the Four Brexetiers of the Apocolypse are in full doom and gloom mode.
I was thinking the same Nom and I think too many people are thinking about their own personal positions. We all had adequate time to research, before the referendum, so there is little point in complaining now.... for whatever reason!

Constant criticism of what we should have done will get us nowhere, but it is the governments job to deal with it! Neither party wanted Brexit, but unless the Tories want to hand the next election to Labour, on a plate, they will need to make sure the decisions they make are right for the people of this country!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:03 AM

That doesn't make any sense!
Especially from someone who starts a thread encouraging folks to complain to their MP and is unlikely to be affected by anything that happens.
Some of us see more struggles ahead, more austerity, more cuts, less choice for our children and grandchildren.
Yes we know we have to accept it but don't expect us not to question the way things are going when the people who voted for change are questioning it themselves!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That doesn't make any sense!
Especially from someone who starts a thread encouraging folks to complain to their MP and is unlikely to be affected by anything that happens

Some of us see more struggles ahead, more austerity, more cuts, less choice for our children and grandchildren.
Yes we know we have to accept it but don't expect us not to question the way things are going when the people who voted for change are questioning it themselves!
Tess I have no problem in people writing to their MP's about whatever they choose. I was merely pointing out that the reason for the thread "Let your MP know what you think" was because I had been asked to help people who wanted to do that, on the subjects of Immigration and Terrorism ..... which affects everybody.
That is why the template, at the beginning of the thread, was put there!

As for Brexit, your MP cannot change that result because it was a democratic vote. They can only argue on the best way to leave the EU

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top