Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:46 AM

scoop the poop

Yes we know as dog owners its our duty to scoop the poop.
I have a little shoulder bag with bags and various dog related items in it so I dont get cought off guard.

However our local council has seen fit to remove more than 50% of littler bins on the common and in parks they say its to reduce vandalism... (not a dog related issue)

trying to inform them that this decision will only lead to more rubbish being left stewn about is ignored..

This morning Murphy found this strange (to him) object left lying in the grass on our favorite walk... I take it the bag rule only applies to dogs then?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0239.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3814  
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:37 AM

Re: scoop the poop

I have a container with a roll of poop bags on the handle loop of my dog's lead. I often offer a bag to people who do not pick up after their dog. I usually say "I have a spare bag if you would like one" in an effort to shame them into cleaning up. I wont even leave any on my lawns, as soon as the dog has performed, I go out and pick up.

If there are no poop bins available when out, then I either use a litter bin or pop it into the boot of the car to dispose of it at home.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:42 AM

I find that many dog owners remove their dog's mess and I really appreciate the fact that they take the time and trouble to do so.

I have to say though, anybody who leaves a dirty nappy lying on the ground , appears to have much less respect for others than the dog owners do!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 01:45 PM

Our council has removed various bins in the area or moved them across a busy road. I blame cost cuts. The only dog poo bins are in the park. As they have no dog poo bins the bag goes in any public bin or our general waste bin if I don't have a public bin en route. I think a lot of owners have stopped bothering though because I see poo here and there. Councils probably don't have money to police it.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 02:59 PM

What really annoys me is those dog walkers who indeed pick up the dog poo in the correct manner but then dump the little tied bag in the bushes or sometimes even hang it on a bush beside the path. GRRRR!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 03:08 PM

I always pick up poo..To be honest any knowledgeable dog owner will tell you the state of the dogs poo says a lot about general health. So just by scooping you are doing a daily health check..

Also almost every doggy illness is spread via poo so if you love dogs you pick up and protect against the spread of disease.

As I have my camera with me most of the time I do photograph rubbish and the odd fly tippers and then put the photos on the councils FB page , this gets a quicker response than phoning them or sending an email.
The short sightedness of taking away rubbish bins astounds me though and the narrow mindeness of people who complain about dog mess and then chuck their empty cans, bottles, pizza boxes, etc etc all over the common/park/riverbank drives me mad.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:17 PM

As said People complain about dog poo but the amount of rubbish left laying around is just as lethal.Dogs are attracted to this rubbish and before you can stop them have licked/swallowed something which may be dangerous to them. I see young children pick up things from the floor, even if they put it down again the substance is on their hands and transferred to their mouths
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 09:25 PM

The highest risk to children must be in the park and I have to say the council does make sure there are lots of poo bins there. These days kids don't really play in the street, but it's not nice to have poo lying around anywhere.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 10:18 PM

I reckon Winnie has a lot to answer for!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top