Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 08:58 PM

Re: Loose dog ( a rant)

Good for you, with your help the dog may be reunited with its owner. When our dog got out a little while ago I chased after him ,trying to coax him back,I didnt have his collar or lead to hold him when I caught up ,but a woman helped corner him and put the handle of her handbag round his neck, then called a friend to help, this second woman who went to my house and called my son ,who hadnt realised the dog was out. Without the help of these two women I would have had problems because the dog was too terrified to move form where we were. my son was able to bring his lead and get him home
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Cass, you are so kind to have made the effort! Countless are the number of times I have done likewise, sometimes with success othertimes not. Like you, it's the path of least resistance - just so much easier to try than to worry about it later.

It's a vote of faith in confidence in the good people of the world that my dogs are always wearing their collars and identification tags.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 06:17 PM

You did the right thing Cass and you and your daughter did everything you could. I know how you feel about people just standing, watching and not helping. Thankfully I live in the country in Germany and people are a bit more caring and aware than the ones I've experienced in cities.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top