Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Pleadings of TM

Things must be bad inside the scumbag 'nasty party' if TM has to actually 'plead' for her back-bench members to vote with her. I wonder if we'll see a scumbag revolt (yes I know, they're all revolting!!!).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7926566.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 09:37 AM

Re: Pleadings of TM

Hi

The knives are now out.

Briefings against both Theresa May and Liam Fox all over the papers today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 09:48 AM

If TM goes Jacob Rees Mogg will be PM .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hi

That will be interesting.

He is as far to the right as Corbyn is to the left.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Have to say I'd never looked him up, but his wiki entry says he is a practising Catholic who is anti gay marriage, gender reassignment and abortion. He seems to be in favour of the Latin mass which would indicate a rejection of Vatican II. I wonder if he is anti-EU stance is down to uber-Catholic views rather than patriotism. He has told the Catholic Herald that the labour party is against Catholic moral teaching. So instead of the EU the Vatican would be dictating British politics.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Jacob Rees-Mogg as prime minister?

Really? The Member for the Eighteenth Century?

With this General Election Manifesto!

House of Lords Reform

• All life peers kicked out
  • All hereditary re-instated
  • Peerage renunciation annulled. Hilary Benn removed from House of Commons but is free to sit in the House of Lords as Viscount Stansgate.

Educational Reform
  • Compulsory Latin in all schools including primary
  • Would be parliamentary candidates must pass a stringent Latin exam before being allowed to stand

Sartorial Reform
  • All adults to wear a hat out of doors
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:36 AM

That's all acceptable because he's also pro-Brexit!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Have to say I'd never looked him up, but his wiki entry says he is a practising Catholic who is anti gay marriage, gender reassignment and abortion. He seems to be in favour of the Latin mass which would indicate a rejection of Vatican II. I wonder if he is anti-EU stance is down to uber-Catholic views rather than patriotism. He has told the Catholic Herald that the labour party is against Catholic moral teaching. So instead of the EU the Vatican would be dictating British politics.

Errrmmmm isn't there something about catholics not becoming Prime Minister???, which is why Bliar had to wait till he resigned before his official conversion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-09-2017, 01:47 PM

Certainly strange for a PM to be a Catholic given the Queen is head of the Church here. But I don't think it's against the law. More important that he appears to hold a very fundamentalist and traditional interpretation of the religion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-09-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Certainly strange for a PM to be a Catholic given the Queen is head of the Church here. But I don't think it's against the law. More important that he appears to hold a very fundamentalist and traditional interpretation of the religion.

There is a law preventing it, the same law that prevents a monarch being a catholic - stemming from 'Bloody' Mary and Liz oneth.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top