Join for free
Page 51 of 62 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: Artangel Bistro And Wine Bar Now Open In A Town By You!!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
just ask Chef for whatever you want as I now have an injury. I slipped and fell on my right hand this morning and now I cant use my right hand.
Ouch! Have you been for an XRay, Twink? Are you all right otherwise?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 01:29 PM

I am fine it just hurts a bit... but I am taking painkillers. There is a small lump on my wrist and everybody says got yo A&E for an Xray but I think I will wait and see how it is tomorrow.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 01:45 PM

Twink, sorry to read about your fall.
If you cannot move your wrist up and down and rotate it then you may have fracture.
The wait in A&E tomorrow being a Saturday will be much worse than an hour or so today.

Order a taxi now and just go!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Twink, sorry to read about your fall.
If you cannot move your wrist up and down and rotate it then you may have fracture.
The wait in A&E tomorrow being a Saturday will be much worse than an hour or so today.

Order a taxi now and just go!!
Thanks Ruthio, I know what you mean. I can actually move the wrist and can even form a fist but I don't think I can manage without the pain killers just yet.
Look on the bright side, my sister is making all the meals and feeding the cats so, apart from the pain, it is a bit like a holiday.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 03:33 PM

Thanks Ruthio, I know what you mean. I can actually move the wrist and can even form a fist but I don't think I can manage without the pain killers just yet.
Look on the bright side, my sister is making all the meals and feeding the cats so, apart from the pain, it is a bit like a holiday.

Twink darlin' - you need a large crepe bandage, a bowl of water and half dozen ice cubes. Soak bandage in ice cold water and then wrap it (tightly) round your wrist and hand - perhaps get someone to do this for you
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Twink darlin' - you need a large crepe bandage, a bowl of water and half dozen ice cubes. Soak bandage in ice cold water and then wrap it (tightly) round your wrist and hand - perhaps get someone to do this for you
Thanks UJ! The painkillers are really helping and the swelling is reducing but I will try that when I go to bed tonight.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Thanks UJ! The painkillers are really helping and the swelling is reducing but I will try that when I go to bed tonight.

No Twink darlin' - do it NOW!!!. The fact that you can move your hand and wrist means that it isn't broken, but it could be badly sprained - the sooner you immobilise it with a cold compress the better - it will also help to bring out the bruising.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Admit it Twink you were practicing your pillow wielding technique
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-09-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Admit it Twink you were practicing your pillow wielding technique
Of course I was, but don't tell anybody! It hurts so much I need all the sympathy I can get.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 07:32 PM

I hope you manage some sleep tonight - that is always very healing.

Just to say - I won't be in for breakfast tomorrow - nothing personal - just setting off to Wales at the crack of dawn.

Twink - I hope you feel better after a good night's rest.
Artangel - I hope all went well and that you will be back to grace the Bistro very soon.

Page 51 of 62 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top