Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 08:11 AM

Re: Advice please on India trip

When I was there I lived 'off the beaten track' - Muzaffarnagar - with an Indian family who could not speak English and had never had a non Indian guest before. They were uncertain what to give me to eat. I said I was happy to eat whatever they ate. They were veggies and the food was delicious - and there were no embarrassing ill effects. It was they who warned me about the 'street food'. Apparently a lot of it is pre-cooked elsewhere in less than desirable conditions - then cooked again in the street for the amusement of the tourists. I would imagine anything cooked in hot oil - such as Jalabi - would be safe enough, but I did not risk it as I had no wish to offend my hosts.

Good advice from Swimfeeders about the taxis - wasn't a problem when I was there but there have been a lot of nasty happenings recently. Travelling side saddle on the motorcycles can be a bit scary - but fun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:33 PM

When we were there we saw a man who lived in a hut just off the beach. He looked like a yeti and obviously hadn't washed his hair for years. I have never seen anyone look so content.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:37 PM

I would not have a rabies jab.
i am against too many vaccines.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 10:50 PM

It is the curry you want vaccination against
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 09:56 AM

A bit of additional advice Faye. I don't know if your holiday includes a week at a beach resort but:

On the beach you will be befriended by the locals who like to talk to you and maybe sell stuff. When they ask your name, give them a false name and stick to it and don't reveal your chalet number. There have been cases where they break in to your accommodation whilst you are sunning yourself.

Most of them are fine and just want a chat and some cash for being helpful. They will remember your name for the whole week. Our names were Fred and Mable.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top