Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 08:52 AM

New speech on Brexit

Theresa May is to travel to Florence next week to deliver a speech all about Brexit. Florence - a lovely city, the home of Niccolo' Macciavelli

"Machiavellianism" is a widely used negative term to characterize unscrupulous politicians of the sort Machiavelli described most famously in The Prince. Machiavelli described immoral behavior, such as dishonesty and killing innocents, as being normal and effective in politics. He even seemed to endorse it in some situations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccol%C3%B2_Machiavelli
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:09 AM

Re: New speech on Brexit

Hi

You are behind the times UJ.

Firstly, I have already posted this in the Brexit Section.

Secondly, Machiavellianism has been renamed Corbynism.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:12 AM

Tbh I was more interested and scared by what junker said yesterday, anything tm says pales into insignificance compared to that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Tbh I was more interested and scared by what junker said yesterday, anything tm says pales into insignificance compared to that.
Hi

Juncker can say what he wants, it has to be agreed by his Political Masters.

At the present time not one EU Country is breaking ranks over Brexit.

They are playing the game well, starting a serious push for Trade Negotiations with Australia and New Zealand, tying up the Trade Deal with Japan and cutting the UK out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:55 AM

The definition of Macciavelianism is a very apt description of Theresa May and her scumbag 'nasty party' - suits her down to the ground:

"Machiavellianism" is a widely used negative term to characterize unscrupulous politicians of the sort Machiavelli described most famously in The Prince. Machiavelli described immoral behavior, such as dishonesty and killing innocents, as being normal and effective in politics. He even seemed to endorse it in some situations.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 12:19 PM

Junk is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are behind the times UJ.

Firstly, I have already posted this in the Brexit Section.

Secondly, Machiavellianism has been renamed Corbynism.
What a sad person you are.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-09-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What a sad person you are.
Hi

Nope, not at all.

When Maggie came in I lost my job. Dewhurst as it was then closed the Slaughterhouse I was working in.

Got a job the next day, 70 miles away, loads of travelling for a 5am start.

The Berlin Wall came down, so the other part of my job disappeared, part of the Peace Process.

Did I moan like you?

Nope, got on with life and made a success of it.

I was certified as unfit for work for the rest of my life and unable to walk again.

Sod that for a game of Marbles.

It was hard, but I did it.

Many sacrifices along the way, many hours worked to provide for my family.

I now have a Pension of £30 k a year after tax, Index Linked for the rest of my life.

I can earn another £ 45k a year without affecting it for 16 hours a week.

I choose not to to, I prefer to spend my time helping those in need, free of charge.

So put up or shut up Purwell, Maggie had nothing to do with your situation, it was entirely your own decision.

So stop whinging and get on with it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top