Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:13 PM

Dressage

Watercolour
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Re: Dressage

I like the way you have used a dark outline to capture the horse head. Its similar to how they use a dark colour in some Mehndi patterns.
Now that's something I'd like to try rather than a permanent tatoo.

Do you think it would be easier for me to try painting a very small watercolour rather than big. I just feel there's less chance of me making a mess of it.

I've been looking at my daughters website and she seems to be using acrylic paints and oil but I get the impression oils is very difficult.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 12:38 PM

Another lovely painting Azure, you should start charging for viewing
Do you sell your paintings?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Another lovely painting Azure, you should start charging for viewing
Do you sell your paintings?
Thank you very much Sweetie pie.

I do sell a few, but to be successful you need to be a Professional Artist and have an Agent who will charge 50% for selling. Framing is expensive from £30.00 t0 £40.00 each and of posting very high insurance.

i am just an Amateur.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

16-09-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I like the way you have used a dark outline to capture the horse head. Its similar to how they use a dark colour in some Mehndi patterns.
Now that's something I'd like to try rather than a permanent tatoo.

Do you think it would be easier for me to try painting a very small watercolour rather than big. I just feel there's less chance of me making a mess of it.

I've been looking at my daughters website and she seems to be using acrylic paints and oil but I get the impression oils is very difficult.
Thank you Mondays child.
A black outline rings the subject forward even though it is not really there

Watercolour is considered to be the most difficult medium as it is hard to correct and lifting and rubbing out the colours can weaken the paper.

Oils and Acrylic can be corrected even when still wet

Yes it is a good idea to start small,perhaps an orange or apple or a single flower
If you log onto YouTube you will find hundreds of demo's
and instructions in Watercolour,Oil, Acrylic. Pastel and Drawing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top