Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Do you swear......

How blue does the air go when you are fed up? So things go wrong, there is nobody around apart from you and the dog.....do you turn to four letter expletives in your hour of need or do you still say "fiddlesticks", "fudge", "sugar" and similar substitutes when there is no audience to appreciate your self-restraint?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:59 PM

Re: Do you swear......

I do mutter a few choice words on occasions, Annie, but fairly mild compared to some.
I don't think I have ever used 'F' words in my life, nor likely to.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do mutter a few choice words on occasions, Annie, but fairly mild compared to some.
I don't think I have ever used 'F' words in my life, nor likely to.

Was that Fortuitous?
Horleyflyer
South of England
Horleyflyer is female 

14-09-2017, 10:53 PM

Most people would say they've never heard me swear.
But I have done...when on my own and under extremes
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 12:04 AM

Swearing is the language of today.
Most children now copy their parents and swear like troopers

We adults were at an Art class held at a local Junior School and During Playtime a tiny girl age six who looked like an Angel. looked through the window standing on her tiptoes.
"F Off "she shouted three times, till the teacher removed her and apologised.

Although I do not swear.most of my friends do.

Eventually you become immune to bad language
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:25 AM

Computer rage is the main culprit or listening to lengthy phone menus .
Just FFS let me speak to a human !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:01 AM

Do I swear? No, I bloody well don't.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:14 AM

Of course I do......there's a different language at work...my Dad referred to it as "Shop floor language"

I never swore in front of the kids....seldom in front of my wife and when I did I never uttered the "F" word and I have never, ever(I think)used the "C" word in front of anyone...I hate it.

I often wonder who decided certain words were offensive or a swear word and up until they did were these words acceptable?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 04:45 AM

I don't swear. I know the words though and am holding them in reserve to use like nuclear warheads when the time comes.

My young adult children know my theory on this and plan to run for the hills when the day comes that it becomes necessary for me to unleash one.

Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 05:53 AM

I never use to swear, then one day while i was helping to clean an hairdessers shop I knocked a glass bottle of Orange cordial on the floor that my boss had just washed , it smashed , glass every where and orange juice covering the floor ,
Now the word that came out my mouth must have been waiting there for years in my sub conbconscious I shouted B****X...My Bosses eyes popped out her head , and I looked at her with a surprised look on my face ..
Since that day its like ive got Terets Syndrome when something goes wrong im Effing it ,

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top