Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 04:55 AM

Re: Breaking News

I expect the wires were not visible when it was placed on the train it was all enclosed in a Lidl carrier bag. The people in that carriage were so lucky, I was just reading that had the bomb exploded for sure they would all have been killed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I expect the wires were not visible when it was placed on the train it was all enclosed in a Lidl carrier bag. The people in that carriage were so lucky, I was just reading that had the bomb exploded for sure they would all have been killed.
Hi

Spot on Summer, you have hit it in a nutshell.

The explosive was TATP, they mixed it up wrong, which was a victory for our Security Services and the restrictions we have placed on the sale of the two ingredients involved.

One of the ingredients we have placed strict restrictions on as regards the concentrations available, it is very difficult to concentrate it.

The other Ingredient, which is nail polish remover, is impossible to remove from general sale.

We can however put markers in it and trace any large volume sales.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on Summer, you have hit it in a nutshell.

The explosive was TATP, they mixed it up wrong, which was a victory for our Security Services and the restrictions we have placed on the sale of the two ingredients involved.

One of the ingredients we have placed strict restrictions on as regards the concentrations available, it is very difficult to concentrate it.

The other Ingredient, which is nail polish remover, is impossible to remove from general sale.

We can however put markers in it and trace any large volume sales.
swimmy, l'm surprised, as you're a scientist, that you didn't refer to 'the other lngredient' as Acetone? Is this the chemical you meant that was contained in the bomb?
I only know it because l learnt it in Applied Science/Physics!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 12:20 PM

All I can say is thank the good Lord that the little S..t didn't succeed in making the bomb correctly. The consequences doesn't bear thinking about if it had. Living and working in London for a number of years, I remember well the rush hour on the tube where we were packed in like sardines. the only space we had was where we stood. not an inch more! When that piece of dirt got off and left the device, no-one could possibly notice it. the only thing you can see are other faces literally in your own. no-one would notice what is beneath them on the floor or to whom that bag belongs to.

It often used to worry me when I caught the Birmingham train to and from work. People would, en-route to Birmingham New Street or Birmingham Airport, as they have always done, pile their suitcases, backpacks and bags on the luggage racks provided for them at each end of the train carriages. Whose case belongs to which passenger? who the hell knows? a terrorist could get on a train through one door, plonk a "case" onto the luggage rack, walk on through the carriage and get off from the next door. No-one would have noticed or even worry (except me obviously) that any one of those cases/bags could contain a device!!.
It really is scary. The staff announcements telling us not to leave items unattended or to report anything suspicious seems rather pointless. After all, what is suspicious about someone putting a case or bag that has NOT been inspected, onto a train luggage rack?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 02:21 PM

I have said before, that this sort of thing will continue as the powers-that-be are not doing what they should be doing.

SF has pointed out several times that our security services know who the 3,000 jihadists and their supporters are.

Anyone in their right mind would intern them so that they cannot continue their bombing and killing, but no, our leaders are scared to death of being accused of racism, islamophobia, bigotry, or any of the other words so beloved of our snowflakes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 02:50 PM

Imagine the scenario...
A nice, maybe elderly couple welcome a young refugee who has been driven from his home and country, so they welcome him into their home where he is safe from the atrocities that are being carried out in his country.
They are downstairs, maybe watching their favourite soap, even dipping into a box of chocolates, whilst upstairs this nice young lad that they have welcomed into their home and given sanctuary to, is planning to maim and kill
They probably think he is playing on his Xbox, when in reality, he has 15 guns in his bedroom and is making a bomb with the intent to blow up and maim the kind couple's fellow countrymen, who he hates with a vengeance....
It doesn't bear thinking about...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
swimmy, l'm surprised, as you're a scientist, that you didn't refer to 'the other lngredient' as Acetone? Is this the chemical you meant that was contained in the bomb?
I only know it because l learnt it in Applied Science/Physics!
Hi

If they try using neat acetone in the mix they have a very good chance of blowing themselves up.

That is why they don't use paint thinners.

Nail Varnish removers are slightly different.

The UK has lowered the concentrations of hydrogen peroxide available on general sale, a licence is needed to purchase it above a certain concentration.

Concentrating it is a very hazardous process.

Contact lens fluid is 2%, hair bleach is 8%, 100% is rocket fuel.

The higher the concentration, the bigger the bang.

Unfortunately some Countries are not as strict as us in the control of the more concentrated forms.

Idiots like this one, do not mix things properly, the mixture burns, rather than explodes.

The ones we have got to watch out for are those who have travelled abroad and who are now returning here properly trained.

A bomb of that size, properly made and detonated, would have been absolutely devastating.

Hence my continuing banging on about two things.

One is ours who have gone abroad to fight for or support ISIS and the other being the stupid way in which we release on bail the illegal migrants we find here.

This nothing to do with EU Law, it is our own decision.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Imagine the scenario...
A nice, maybe elderly couple welcome a young refugee who has been driven from his home and country, so they welcome him into their home where he is safe from the atrocities that are being carried out in his country.
They are downstairs, maybe watching their favourite soap, even dipping into a box of chocolates, whilst upstairs this nice young lad that they have welcomed into their home and given sanctuary to, is planning to maim and kill
They probably think he is playing on his Xbox, when in reality, he has 15 guns in his bedroom and is making a bomb with the intent to blow up and maim the kind couple's fellow countrymen, who he hates with a vengeance....
It doesn't bear thinking about...
Why on earth are men of 18 put into foster homes?
Is this another weird scenario where grown men from the Middle East are classed as children ?
And quite frankly IMO men in their late 80s are past being foster parents .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If they try using neat acetone in the mix they have a very good chance of blowing themselves up.

That is why they don't use paint thinners.

Nail Varnish removers are slightly different.

The UK has lowered the concentrations of hydrogen peroxide available on general sale, a licence is needed to purchase it above a certain concentration.

Concentrating it is a very hazardous process.

Contact lens fluid is 2%, hair bleach is 8%, 100% is rocket fuel.

The higher the concentration, the bigger the bang.

Unfortunately some Countries are not as strict as us in the control of the more concentrated forms.

Idiots like this one, do not mix things properly, the mixture burns, rather than explodes.

The ones we have got to watch out for are those who have travelled abroad and who are now returning here properly trained.

A bomb of that size, properly made and detonated, would have been absolutely devastating.

Hence my continuing banging on about two things.

One is ours who have gone abroad to fight for or support ISIS and the other being the stupid way in which we release on bail the illegal migrants we find here.

This nothing to do with EU Law, it is our own decision.
swimmy, There were 40 gallons of Acetone found in a suspected terrorist's apartment in Brussels !!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Fertilizer and diesel fuel will make explosive but needs a detonater to trigger .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top