Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:13 AM

Re: Public transport

I try to avoid public transport wherever possible but not because of the cost...which I think is very, very reasonable here in Greater Manchester.

An all day pass is around £4 and can be used on any Stagecoach bus on any route and as many times as you like within the hours ofvthat day whichb runs from Midnight up until 4am the next day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I try to avoid public transport wherever possible but not because of the cost...which I think is very, very reasonable here in Greater Manchester.

An all day pass is around £4 and can be used on any Stagecoach bus on any route and as many times as you like within the hours ofvthat day whichb runs from Midnight up until 4am the next day.
Hi

Here in the village Public Transport is a joke, it takes four hours, Monday to Friday, to get to the Supermarkets and back.

You can forget the weekends.

I love the village life, but my recent illness has bought it home to me.

Time for a move.

Nantwich or Stoke beckons.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Here in the village Public Transport is a joke, it takes four hours, Monday to Friday, to get to the Supermarkets and back.

You can forget the weekends.

I love the village life, but my recent illness has bought it home to me.

Time for a move.

Nantwich or Stoke beckons.
This is my worry as well, going to have to move eventually

And that will have to be to a town as well, none of the villages around have reliable PT, none at all on Sunday's and public holidays

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top