Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Ever Scared Yourself Silly.

I was out with the dog the other night and wandered over to one of the ruined castles around here. Mooched around the buildings a bit then sat on a massive rock and watched the ocean and just pondered on things.
When I finally looked up I realised it was pitch dark and the buildings looked terrifying. I was hearing things in my mind and every vampire film I've ever watched flew into my head.
It was hard getting back to the car as I couldn't see a thing and I had to hold onto my BLACK dog incase I lost him. I was shaking like a bally leaf all the while and trying not to fall on my face on the rocky path.. It was only when I got home and told my OH what happened that I remembered I had a torch App on my phone. Sheeezzze what an idiot I felt..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Re: Ever Scared Yourself Silly.

Lol Roxy.I can imagine how scared You would feel with all that History around You of ghosties and gouls...My SIL is an extra on a new film being made about King Robert the Bruce,and a couple of scenes have been shot late at night among old castles etc',He says there's a bit of a scary atmosphere all around....Too bad You forgot about the App.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Roxy, when you feel that scared I would think that remembering your torch App would be the last thing you would think about!
Shame really, as it would have got rid of your fears .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:46 AM

The Torch App would be useless, if in the middle of nowhere, you could not get a signal.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 12:01 PM

You'd be surprised Spitty, there's only a few black spots here and Three is a good Network for this area. But it wouldn't have mattered as the torch is like the photos and can work without a signal, the one my phone anyway
I've only used it a couple of times in the year I've had the phone so it's not something I thought about in a hurry.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I was out with the dog the other night and wandered over to one of the ruined castles around here. Mooched around the buildings a bit then sat on a massive rock and watched the ocean and just pondered on things.
When I finally looked up I realised it was pitch dark and the buildings looked terrifying. I was hearing things in my mind and every vampire film I've ever watched flew into my head.
It was hard getting back to the car as I couldn't see a thing and I had to hold onto my BLACK dog incase I lost him. I was shaking like a bally leaf all the while and trying not to fall on my face on the rocky path.. It was only when I got home and told my OH what happened that I remembered I had a torch App on my phone. Sheeezzze what an idiot I felt..
That made me laugh out loud. Thank you. I've done similar and your mind can really scare you. But I did need to laugh today.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 01:41 PM

How did you not notice it had gone dark?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Jazzie I was miles away, thinking about other family things. Just hadn't noticed..
It can get dark very suddenly here, in a matter of moments some nights. One minute it's light, the next it's gone. That's what happened that night..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-09-2017, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
That made me laugh out loud. Thank you. I've done similar and your mind can really scare you. But I did need to laugh today.
Pleased to have cheered you up Takes a Bow and walks off grinning..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 03:58 PM

I go out for a walk every night with my dog down past the grave yard.
The dead don't scare me but the living do, they stole the bell from the church a couple of years ago and have emptied the oil tank used for heating on a number of occasions.

It is often very dark and I keep my torch off when possible so I can creep around unseen by the living...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top