Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:58 PM

A finger will give you away ...

I've had it on authority (16-18 year old 6th formers!)
that how you type on your phone will give away your generation

If you're a one finger typer you're a "mum" or "dad" generation (bear in mind I could probably just about be in some students' grandparents' age group!)
If you're a two thumb typer..you're a "youf"

Now I know this may be a poor reflection on me but I have developed in to a two thumb typer through overuse of my phone I think..but it's a light holding of the phone in my fingers not that furious fist grip the "youves" do!

Which one are you?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:05 PM

Re: A finger will give you away ...

I'm a youf user and have the super thick thumb joints to prove it

Actually today I had to boot up the PC, and the typos I made where atrocious, so used to using a phone or tablet now a keyboard feels alian
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:11 PM

I saw my daughter's speeding away with their thumbs, so l tried it... and dropped my phone!

I use the microphone for texts, it's quicker than my middle finger that l use. I can't type with my 'peter pointer' finger!!

I read, that the young ones will end up with arthritic thumbs from texting!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:11 PM

The virtual keyboards on my tablet and phone are both Google`Swype` type keyboards, that is you put a finger on the first letter of your word and then keeping your finger on the screen, swipe it through the remaining letters of your word and it prints them out automatically.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:12 PM

I've converted from a gran to a youf since I got my first smart phone
I'm still struggling to perfect hitting the letters with that fine thumb edge next to the thumb nail, I'm only having to correct 50% of the letters I miss now instead of 99% !!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I'm a youf user and have the super thick thumb joints to prove it

Actually today I had to boot up the PC, and the typos I made where atrocious, so used to using a phone or tablet now a keyboard feels alian
I'm a bit like that but at least it's all qwerty now!
I'm a two finger typist though!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

20-09-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I saw my daughter's speeding away with their thumbs, so l tried it... and dropped my phone!

I use the microphone for texts, it's quicker than my middle finger that l use. I can't type with my 'peter pointer' finger!!

I read, that the young ones will end up with arthritic thumbs from texting!
Aww Art what's wrong with Peter pointer that he can't type?!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

20-09-2017, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The virtual keyboards on my tablet and phone are both Google`Swype` type keyboards, that is you put a finger on the first letter of your word and then keeping your finger on the screen, swipe it through the remaining letters of your word and it prints them out automatically.
Get you techno dude!
But it is a finger you're using....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 11:18 PM

And to think I once slaved away at "Mavis teaches Typing" thinking the keyboard was the only way
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

20-09-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I've converted from a gran to a youf since I got my first smart phone
I'm still struggling to perfect hitting the letters with that fine thumb edge next to the thumb nail, I'm only having to correct 50% of the letters I miss now instead of 99% !!
Same Ruthio! I barely backtrack now!
Well unless I've consumed too much pink bubbly stuff...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top