Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:20 PM

My Wife Has Left Me, So I Am Home Alone!

She has gone down to London for a week to visit her Mother who is 93 on Sunday.
Being a Londoner she will also visit her family consisting of two Sons, two Brothers, some Grandchildren and Aunts and Uncles
Unless it is an emergency I don't go down mainly because her Mother is only living in a one bedroom/living room/tine kitchen/tine bathroom so no room.
Staying in a Premier Inn or Travel Lodge are no no's as to far away really.
In any case, I hate Londonstan!

So I am home alone.
Just think folks.

I have complete control of the TV, and I can have my music as loud as I like, and I can eat when I like and I can come and go as I like and I can go to bed I like and I can get up when I like etc etc etc.

I shall miss her of course, but I will enjoy my freedoms.
I will be out every evening from tomorrow at the hotel we go to in Llandudno, and join the holidaymakers for some company. And I will get up to dance, even if it is on my own. But I usually get asked by someone if I will have a dance, and of course I never refuse!
In case you are wondering, I always wear my wedding ring and always make it clear I am happily Married, but that Wifey is in London visiting Family and Friends.

And of course.
My Wife trusts me to be very good while she is away.
And with good reason I might add.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:00 AM

Re: My Wife Has Left Me, So I Am Home Alone!

Wow! that sounds fun, reminded me of years ago when I lived in a small village (no pub, unfortunately) in Devon.

I spent an entire evening lying on the floor with my GSP along side, in front of a log fire, bottle of wine, blasting out all my favourite music (Meatloaf, Pink Floyd,War of the Worlds etc).

The following morning I met one of the local farmers and he said he could hear it from the other side of the valley. I promptly apologised to him but wow I did enjoy that evening.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:28 AM

I've had a mental image of Gerry in the Good life wafting curry all over Margo's living room.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've had a mental image of Gerry in the Good life wafting curry all over Margo's living room.
AnnieS that is so funny, you have just interrupted my memories from years ago.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:54 AM

Females dancing around their handbags and a lone Scouser.....

Enjoy BC
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
Wow! that sounds fun, reminded me of years ago when I lived in a small village (no pub, unfortunately) in Devon.

I spent an entire evening lying on the floor with my GSP along side, in front of a log fire, bottle of wine, blasting out all my favourite music (Meatloaf, Pink Floyd,War of the Worlds etc).

The following morning I met one of the local farmers and he said he could hear it from the other side of the valley. I promptly apologised to him but wow I did enjoy that evening.
Thank you for replies folks.
my Wife and I live in Rhos On Sea/Colwyn Bay which is only around 8 miles away from Llandudno all here in lovely North West Wales.
The thing is here there is so much going on and to do.
One is spoilt for choice with restaurants and pubs etc with so much to involve oneself with.
Any evening one can walk into one of the superb hotels here and join the holidaymakers having a lovely time with the usually good entertainment.
Living here really is like being on permanent holiday.
We go in and out of those hotels at least twice or three times a week, and it is all good fun.
It beats just going into a boring pub any day of the week.
Rather than stay in on my own, like I said I will be out on the town every single evening.
It's called the good life, and I intend to live until I die!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-10-2017, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Females dancing around their handbags and a lone Scouser.....

Enjoy BC
I will Terry I will.
The thing is there are so many Women there who usually far outnumber the Men Usually because hubbies have popped their clogs.
On Wednesday evening I sat and danced with two lovely Women who were more or less exactly the same age as me.
One had lost her husband 16 years ago, and the other 9 years ago.
My Wife had met both of them on Tuesday evening at the hotel, and I jokingly asked them both if they would look after me tomorrow, being Wednesday.
And they did!
What happens in Llandudno stays in Llandudno!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:15 AM

That's a beautiful part of the world BC.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I will Terry I will.
The thing is there are so many Women there who usually far outnumber the Men Usually because hubbies have popped their clogs.
On Wednesday evening I sat and danced with two lovely Women who were more or less exactly the same age as me.
One had lost her husband 16 years ago, and the other 9 years ago.
My Wife had met both of them on Tuesday evening at the hotel, and I jokingly asked them both if they would look after me tomorrow, being Wednesday.
And they did!
What happens in Llandudno stays in Llandudno!
I met a lovely lady there about 7 years ago....unfortunately far, far too old for me.....it shows how old she was ......she was one of the first investors in Apple at the tender age of 20.

I reckon she was about 95.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-10-2017, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a beautiful part of the world BC.
Yes Annie it really is.
My Wife and I are extremely lucky to own our own ground floor apartment with views of the sea from just across to the newly built promenade.
The free buses are only 10 minute walk away up the road and run every 12 minutes to Llandudno and every 40 minutes to Conwy and lots of other places.
The shopping is all quite nearby with Asda/Morrissons/Iceland/Lidle/Aldi/ Tesco and many more to hand.
What more could we want?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top