Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 04:22 PM

very quick garden clean up

Only went over the grass very quickly to get up the worst of fallen leaves and got 5 bags full up. Not even had a go at the borders which are full of them.

Bit of a battle of me v wind but I won ! almost

Loads more to fall but Sue was worried about the grass underneath where the wind had blown a lot of them
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Re: very quick garden clean up

Having lived with the Village green in front of my house for many years , the leaves that fell from the 4 trees did no harm to the grass at all , in fact i think on a garden programme it said that worms would drag them down into the soil and enrich it ..
I also know that villagers would go collect bin bags full of fallen leaves from the wood at the back of me to put on the compost heap ..Are you composting your leaves ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 05:09 PM

composting only amount that the composit bin will take, no room for a composit area
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-12-2017, 10:59 AM

This morning just collected 3 bags of leaves of the grass and it looked nice, not a leaf in sight. Then the wind blew and this happened

Looked as if it was raining with them. Must be about the same amount I had just finished bagging up.
I think someone has got it in for me. Yes you can smile
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 12:17 PM

Sunday was an excellent day up north, I was out in a t.shirt raking up masses of leaves and scrubbing all the patio slabs. Not a breath of wind so that's why I took the chance, and got on with it..
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
This morning just collected 3 bags of leaves of the grass and it looked nice, not a leaf in sight. Then the wind blew and this happened

Looked as if it was raining with them. Must be about the same amount I had just finished bagging up.
I think someone has got it in for me. Yes you can smile
Looks like you should invest in a garden vac, they're very useful,
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Looks like you should invest in a garden vac, they're very useful,
#

Got one but not as good as a blower by any means.

Garden vacs have drawbacks like small catchment bags and trailing power leads.

This little beauty is relatively light and easy to start. no trailing cables either

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:31 PM

You've got it easy clearing your leaves RS, some of us have to use pure man/woman power of a rake and a brush
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You've got it easy clearing your leaves RS, some of us have to use pure man/woman power of a rake and a brush
Too true Mags - but you forgot to mention the shovel
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Too true Mags - but you forgot to mention the shovel
Oh yes ... and a shovel

Though sometimes I don a pair of gloves and use my hands to collect the leaves and put in the sack

None of those fancy machines here

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top